Partner Operations Manager
The DIRECTOR, VIDEO is responsible for the video content that comes out of the APAC region - across both digital and News. This is a position for someone who understands the region well, and must strategically work with a team of producers, post-production, and freelancers to decide what content to put out on a monthly basis that best reflects the region, contributes to audience growth and numbers, and stays within budget.
The DIRECTOR, VIDEO reports to the Head of Content. This is a position that must be plugged in to what is happening across the region - to be able to make informed decisions on News and content we need to be covering across APAC. They must be able to move quickly on short-form News content, but also have a handle on long-form documentary-style storytelling that VICE is known for. The skillset must encapsulate different forms of non-fiction storytelling including an understanding of vertical video.
Responsibilities & Requirements
• An understanding and enthusiasm for the VICE style of journalism and storytelling.
• Works closely with Head of Content, EIC, Audience Growth to strategize, oversee and execute video content across Asia.
• Lead a team of producers that generate multi-platform content - both across Digital and News - both short-form and long-form.
• Must deliver a minimum of 90 minutes of content for VWN per month - through the internal team of producers + freelancers.
• Must deliver a slate of digital content as decided between them, the supervising producer and Head of Content on a quarterly basis.
• Works closely with global heads of video of both Digital and News to align on a global strategy - and ensure clear communication and workflows with global teams.
• Does regular calls with global News to update on monthly video output for the region.
• Constantly reassess strategy and work on creating the most impact through video content in the region and around the world.
• Oversee creative execution creatively of any greenlit projects.
• Have oversight into topline budgets and schedules of all shoots.
• All final edits to be approved by the Head of Video before going live.
• Ensure high-quality delivery of videos within stipulated time and budgets.
• Helps build a strategy for every video release with the producer and supervises the execution of strategy by audience growth team and producers.
• Building out shows, IP's with the team within the region which could be acquired by commercial/studio as properties to take to market.
• Leveraging relationships across the region to ensure the highest access to interesting stories which can be built out into videos for VICE Asia.
• Finding key VICE voices/talent for the region who could feature as hosts in the content being created by this team.
• Works with the Supervising Producer, APAC to ensure efficient day to day management which includes following production schedules, meeting delivery timelines, and escalating concerns whenever required.
• Works with the Post-production supervisor APAC to ensure meeting edit timelines are aligned and regularly updated.
• Maintain clear lines of communication within all content departments to ensure inter-departmental efficiencies across the region, whilst helping to nurture a collaborative and unified production approach.
• Able to work in a fast-paced News/Digital environment and be able to effectively multi-task.
• 12 years + experience.
• Heavy news experiences.
• Experience managing a team of producers from multiple countries.
• Strong knowledge of the APAC region.
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.