Role x You:
The primary role of the Data Operations Supervisor is to effectively oversee and maintain the resources and workflows facilitating incoming and outgoing media within Vice. This involves being directly responsible for establishing goals and providing direction to the company's North American Data Operations team as well as servicing and supporting applicable infrastructure. The role typically requires working in a fast paced environment and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously
- often working directly with executives, clients, vendors and third party production companies - in an ever-changing environment. In conjunction with the Data Operations Coordinator, it involves monitoring requirements for upcoming production and infrastructure projects and preparing the team accordingly to action tasks within deadlines. Importantly, you should have the confidence and ability to communicate across a diverse department, as well as be passionate and strive to foster an environment that values creativity and collaborative working.
• Establish and maintain effective communication and task assignment between the team and all LOBs
• Monitor status of on-prem and cloud storages, as well as applicable archiving workflows
• Evaluate and anticipate technical issues with workflows and storages
• Advise on pathways and solutions to avoid downtime and expenditure
• Maintain records and tracking systems for ingest and archive
• Partner and regularly synchronise with the IT and Media Tech teams to establish best practises
• Coordinate post production team involvement and response to technology projects
• Ensure that new technologies are properly evaluated, thoroughly tested, and smoothly deployed
• Lead communications with stakeholders for maintenance as well as if/when outages occur
• Plan and communicate priorities and workflows to seniors and other teams
• Maintain training, manage development and handle timecards and vacation requests
• Oversee recruitment of new team members
• Review and update workflow documentation
You have these:
• 5+ years in an ingest or technical post production role
• Demonstrated success building, managing and motivating a team working across multiple projects or LOBs simultaneously
• Experience managing technical infrastructure and resources
• Knowledge of a wide variety of media formats, camera cards and video codecs
• Ability to forward plan detailed projects and work proactively and strategically to implement them
• Highly developed communication skills, including being able to work with multiple teams to achieve results
• Ability to review system logs and media files and collect and analyse data to solve complex technical problems
• Expert understanding of file based workflows, shared media servers, asset management systems and cloud storage
• Knowledge of post-production workflow processes for broadcast with a particular emphasis on the Adobe Creative Suite - and secondarily, Avid systems
• Familiarity and comfort with remote workflows and teams
• Ability to attend NY office
Equal Opportunity Employer:
VICE Media (VICE.com, VICE Studios, VICE TV, Virtue, VICE News, Refinery29, PULSE Films, i-D) is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual, and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it's about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique, and that's what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reqmy0-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.