Test Kitchen Assistant
Vice Media Group
ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE Media Group is the world's largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe. The company includes VICE, an award-winning international network of digital content; Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 21 offices around the world; and PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin.
VICE x Team
The Content Solutions department enables the commercialization of editorial content across VICE Media Group, inclusive of VICE Digital, MUNCHIES, NOISEY, Refinery29, Unbothered, Somos, i-D, VICE TV, VICE NEWS, Motherboard, & Waypoint. The Content Solutions team is responsible for facilitating strategic collaboration between Revenue & Editorial stakeholders across the organization to optimize sales of our editorial franchises and IP. We are a nimble team of organized, detail-oriented strategic thinkers with a strong focus on operational efficiency and a passion for compelling storytelling.
Role x You
You'll be working with the Client Strategy & Solutions team and editorial teams to build our commercially viable programming calendar. This role is specifically focused on VICE, including MUNCHIES and NOISEY. You are great for this role if you are a problem-solver, always looking for creative solutions to drive revenue. This role is responsible for regular information sharing, proactive planning & project managing, and representing editorial opportunities via materials and presentations to the Sales organization at large to inspire excitement.
• Facilitate communication, collaboration, and ultimately the commercial development of Content across all VICE digital editorial properties
• Gather and tie the relevant information from key functions above to create clear, concise, and compelling materials that outline available sponsorship opportunities.
• Partner with Editorial, Audience Insights, Brand Strategy, Commercial Creative to develop compelling materials that connect our knowledge of the audience to the editorial programming to share with the Sales team who use as a pre-sale resource tool
In the short term
You will support the be the Content Solutions team with pre-sale editorial support for VICE editorial properties managing communication and tracking agreed upon tactical elements of pitches
But after 6 months in this role
You will support communication between revenue and editorial groups in pre-sale for regular programming and develop materials to represent editorial programming to the Revenue teams.
And after a year…
You will be able to lead higher priority conversations between sales and editorial with a thorough understanding of our brand identity and nuanced relationship between revenue and editorial and able to manage output independently
What you have
• 1 year experience working in a marketing &/or strategy role
• Strong administrative and operational skills to ensure that all materials are delivered on time
• Strong communication skills, knowing how to take understand and translate complex ideas to various teams
• Creative writing skills, including synthesizing complex ideas and tailoring the message to the audience
• Strong analytical skills with high proficiency in GSuite products
• Effective time management and organizational skills, as well as strong attention to detail
• High comfortability with managing multiple projects simultaneously
We'd love if you also had these:
• Experience with analysis and deriving insights from data
• Some experience in editorial or sales marketing
• Flair for design is always useful.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just ''tolerate'' differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv17oj-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.