VICE x News
The award-winning VICE News team develops and produces news content across VICE platforms and partner platforms. The news team focuses on in-depth longform storytelling and unique and creative ways to relay topical daily news. This is a collaborative team that works together to make everyone's projects better. We believe in listening to everyone's ideas and bringing on a diverse group of people who love working together to make the best, most unique news content out there.
Role x You
As an Associate Producer for VICE News you will work alongside production teams to support various pieces, in various stages of production, from pre-pitch to post production. You'll research, make calls, work on graphics, find and dig into documents, and distill and distribute information to teams. You will pitch regularly and go into the field as a support on shoots. If you excel at that, you will have the opportunity to lead your own story shoots for TV and digital platforms.
In the short term… You will be picking up the phone and chasing information. You should understand the fundamentals of news gathering, and be a clear writer who is comfortable managing information and dispersing it to groups of people within the broader newsroom. APs will be called on to generate reporting from their desks, and sometimes in the field, and to help design and distribute shoot schedules and post-production schedules.
After 6 months in this role… excelling in all the tasks above, you'll be asked to take on more responsibility, including opportunities to produce full pieces.
And after a year... You'll have a real handle on our style and substance and will be regularly pitching stories that get greenlit and making them.
You have these:
• One year or more of experience in broadcast news, documentary film, or other digital media production-or a similar level of experience in print or digital journalism
• Solid news judgment
• Collaborative working style, receptive to feedback and flexible
• Deadline-driven, goal-oriented approach
• Understand the fundamentals of news reporting
• Able to write clearly; excellent research skills
We'd love if you also had these:
• Fluency in another language
• Able to develop and pitch unique story ideas and angles, with research to back it up
• Able to shoot B cam
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0y026-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.