VICE News is looking for a self- ‐ starting Associate Producer for our office to support a wide variety of VICE News productions, from long- ‐ form documentaries, to recurring franchises, and breaking news. Successful applicants will demonstrate expertise in the news & documentary field, and an ability to flourish in a team environment. This is not a field position.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Pitching stories, producing segments, and booking guests as needed.
• Conducting in- ‐ depth research and distilling it into formats required by Producers.
• Heavy research and vertical development on various topics.
• Producing graphics and working with various other producers.
• Researching and clearing archival.
• Researching and clearing music.
• Maintaining post- ‐ production schedules.
• Maintaining releases and filing in the VICE system.
• Working with Producers to close out jobs and fill out red sheets.
• Networking and representing VICE as needed at various events.
• Other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
• Bachelors/equivalent experience in journalism a must, as is knowledge
of the current global media environment.
• 1+years experience in broadcast news, documentary film,
other digital media production.
• Excellent research skills.
• Ability to persuade via written and verbal communication.
• Demonstrate expertise in the news & documentary field.
• Ability to assist with editing segments.
• Ability to work in a Mac work environment.
• Be a deadline- ‐ driven, goal oriented, multi- ‐ tasker.
• Language skills are a plus.
• Ability to shoot and edit is plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnb455-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.