Accounts Payable Assistant - Offshore
An international media company that captures people at the heart of stories, and focuses on the ideas, issues, and context that other outlets miss. Launched in 1994, VICE operates in 35 cities across the globe, making 1500 pieces of content every day with a focus on five lines of business: VICE Digital, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICELAND, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 21 offices around the world.
VICE x Team
The Accounts Payable Assistant will assist in the day to day operations of a full cycle Global AP and T&E department, maintaining strong communication with the onshore team. The role is based in VICE's Mumbai office (non hybrid) and will report to the Offshore Accounts Payable Manager.
Role X You
VICE Media Inc. is looking for an Accounts Payable Assistant to assist in entry of new vendors, AP invoices, expense claims and assist in payment runs.
• Process invoices for open POs, ensuring timeliness and verify accuracy of data entry regards tax, invoice number and value
• Verify supporting documents to invoices are correctly addressed with correct information regards European regional tax information and US tax information
• Reject via an agreed exception route any PO/Invoice discrepancies with the onshore AP team
• Post month end corrections for incorrectly processed invoices
• Timely creation of new vendors ensuring accuracy
• Approve T&E cash expense submissions timely and according to Vice T&E policy
• Reject T&E cash expense submissions timely to the onshore AP team
• Perform the daily bank reconciliation ensuring payments are posted
• Process weekly pay-runs for vendors, staff expenses and freelancers
• Process intercompany invoices
• Reviewing the Aged Creditors and investigating any debit balances
• Ad hoc projects as assigned
• Ability to adapt to a constant improving process
• 2+ years relevant work in an accounts payable offshore team in a similar size company
• Problem solver with good organizations skills with the ability to follow a process
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience desired but not essential in Netsuite, Concur, Coupa and a ticketing system
• Excel skills (pivot, v-looks, basic formulas preferred)
• Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
You have these:
• Strong interpersonal and teaming skills
• Flexible and adaptable based on changing needs and environment
We'd love if you also had these:
• Ability to analyze and make recommendations to improve internal processes
• Experience in rapidly changing, global business, with a wide range of goods and services under management
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they're here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Candidates, please note that if you are contacted by anyone with an email other than @vice.com purporting to be recruiting on behalf of Vice Media, it is not legitimate, and you should not engage.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj1yy1-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.