Vice Media Group
Account Director (Pipeline)
***PLEASE NOTE: This posting is to continue to build a pipeline for future roles on our team ***
JOB TITLE Account Director
Virtue is seeking an Account Director to join our client services team and push forward the boundaries of marketing. Virtue is a Creative Agency born out of VICE. At Virtue, we collaborate with the biggest brands, the brightest minds, and the most inspirational thought leaders in the world.
As an Account Director you will be responsible for a portfolio of key businesses. You are a trusted advisor, your focus is on strategic development and ensuring that Virtue's services are pivotal to improving business results. You are responsible for long-term planning, strategic consulting and overall account growth. You set the direction of your portfolio and create conditions for our teams to be successful. Additional responsibilities include team management and oversight.
ROLES + RESPONSIBILITIES
• Holds and identifies senior level relationships with each client within their portfolio.
• Accountable for client satisfaction and financial health of business portfolio.
• Actively engages the local Virtue management team for growth opportunities and better synergy with other departments.
• Responsible for ensuring that margins are respected and the overall financial viability of our operations is respected.
• Oversee and approve the scopes of work and budgets of the assigned clients.
• Coach junior team members on best practices around internal and external communication, oversee team appraisals and monitor career growth paths for the team.
• Architect of internal account operations and process, working with Director of Client Services and Operation Director to cascade and implement process to their team.
• Central point of contact for creative, strategy, finance and operations departments on client services related matters for the brands their responsible for.
• Foster internal relationships between the Austrian Virtue team and other office within the Western European region to encourage work share and optimization of all revenue opportunities for the company.
• 8+ years of experience in client services, management consulting, publishing or other related fields.
• Must be German speaking, native or bilingual. Also fluent in written and spoken English. An understanding of the Austrian market is not required, but it is a plus.
• Passionate account lead of integrated business teams that harness brand and customer insight to drive transformational marketing strategies and results.
• Proven track record delivering growth within a marketing organization.
• Excellent presentation skills and experience with leading strategy sessions.
• Exceptional analytical/quantitative skills.
• Exceptional presentation, verbal and written skills.
• Strategic thinker who is always solutions orientated.
• Client whisper – clients look to you for guidance and trust your approach.
• You have the ability to drive efficiencies through process improvements/automation.
• Strong interpersonal skills that encourage team cooperation, promote enthusiasm and motivate proactive thinking.
• You lead by example with a strong work ethic and big personality that inspires the best approach to internal and external communication, exemplifies accountability and follow through.
• Calm under pressure but fiery about delivering best in class work.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7x3k-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994,VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.