Senior Principal Business Analyst, Media Operations
New York, NY
Overview and Responsibilities
Responsible for leading a team of operations coordinators who provide support for the Global Fulfillment Operations group, provide cross department assistance on established workflows from upper management, take a larger role in projects and UAT testing, assist team members in troubleshooting, and act as a bridge among other Media Operations departments.
Emphasis on responsibilities will vary depending on team assignment. Typical responsibilities include:
• Accomplishes staff results through motivating team, communicating expectations and reviewing tasks/processes; crafting, refining, streamlining and making sure processes that ensure all content is delivered on time and without error.
• Bridge between media and content operations teams to solve issues, streamline workflows, and handle one off requests effectively
• Solve technical issues
• Assist with billing, tracking Deliveries and general metrics of distribution, i.e. monthly numbers
• Coordinate and help prioritize complex and/or large deliveries for onboarding or special projects
• Manage some of the more complex questions, rejections and resupply requests from 3rd parties, raising up when necessary
• Defines, directs and delegates the work.
• Anticipates operational requirements and challenges and works closely with the brands to effectively support them.
• Identifies, analyses and solves or flags (to manager) structural/operational problems in the workflows or processes within the team
• Responsible for daily team planning and staff availability.
• Manages and maintains complete, accurate and up-to-date documentation about the team's responsibilities and workflows.
• Works closely with peers from the Brands and other Global Content Services teams. Ensures team is up-to-date on all required information from the Brands and other groups and vice versa.
• Act as second level of escalation when issues with the Brands or other departments occur.
• Identifies potential areas of development of individual team members and develops action plan. Ensures staff is accurately trained.
• Provides operational support to department projects as required by manager.
• Years of experience: 3+ years of applicable work experience preferably in an operational and/or media environment.
• Undergraduate degree preferred
• Computer experience: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
• Knowledge of content applications/equipment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Builds relationships
• Manages the work
• Excellent judgment and analysis skills
• Ability to build a positive and inclusive work environment
• Influences and negotiates
• Track record in team coordination
• Experience in project or (post) production management