The Video Technology team develops industry-leading online and mobile video delivery systems and IP for CBS.com, CBSSports.com, CBS News, ShowTime, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and the entire suite of ViacomCBS properties. Our team is responsible for the delivery of premium content to millions of people every day. We set company-wide video standards and help internal business units integrate the video delivery stack into their specific online products. Additionally, the team serves as the company's information resource on current and future trends in digital video. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in doing high-visibility, mission-critical work!
The Video Platform team is a team working within the central Video Technology Group that oversees video processing, publishing, and delivery workflows. It focuses on building and maintaining video encoding platforms for on-demand and live streaming workflows, CDN & delivery automation, as well as integrations with CMS and publishing pipelines. The group works across the video ecosystem to enable all ViacomCBS business units to deliver high-quality video through the use of cutting-edge technologies for maximizing user engagement and revenues.
We are looking for a Video Software Engineer who is passionate about enabling modern, high-quality media delivery using a combination of in-house and off-the-shelf technologies. You'll work closely with fellow engineers building and supporting our set of shared media services. You'll be crucial in the team's process when translating high-level requirements into maintainable, efficient, and scalable self-healing solutions. This role will have an extra focus on building orchestration systems that supports our internal live streaming platform.
• Build out cloud-based microservices to support video processing workflows;
• Implement integrations and adapters for 3rd-party solutions;
• Set up, implement, and maintain continuous delivery and integration strategies across services and projects;
• Encourage an engineering culture that promotes test-driven development and code coverage;
• Work with building our live streaming platform for the creation of cloud-based infrastructure for live events;
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Fluency in Python or similar high-level programming language
• Experience with AWS Media Services (Medialive, MediaConnect, MediaPackage, MediaStore)
• Knowledge of microservices and distributed systems programming
• Experience working with REST API's and data-interchange formats such as JSON and XML
• Experience with containers technology and management such as Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaS) tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation
• Experience with technical writing and design documentation
You might also have -
• Fluency in modern systems programming languages such as Go and/or Rust
• Familiarity with video protocols such as RTP, RTMP, HLS, HDS, Smooth Streaming;
• Familiarity with modern video codecs like H264, VP8, VP9, AV1;
• Previous experience with video processing services such as AWS Elemental MediaConvert/MediaLive, BitMovin, Hybrik, Zencoder, Encoding.com
• Experience with Digital Rights Management Systems (DRM), including Playready, Widevine & FairPlay
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7mep-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.