Senior Project Management Director, (Portfolio Lead)
Overview & Responsibilities
This is a senior leadership role for the Project Management function in the Media Platforms & Operations (MPO) Project Management team based in New York, acting as Portfolio Lead for the Media Supply Chain (MSC) product organization. The role will be a key liaison point for MPO & ViacomCBS Technology & business teams and ensures cohesion with peers in the wider organization. The position is also a focal point for effective project delivery services to Business & Tech client groups and ensures alignment with strategic goals and business priorities. The position acts as a unifying & directional focal point, to aid in the aligning of the MSC Product Owners and leaders as well as drive organizational transformation. Good client relationships and high levels of client credibility, trust and satisfaction are key, as is alignment to global project delivery Governance standards to ensure consistent quality. You will ensure that the teams maintain project metrics to drive transparency in project and program tracking. Based on client's needs, the position will proactively anticipate, shape and articulate client demand and communicate technology strategy, services and projects to team, partners and peers.
This position will provide a holistic view of the projects and services for Project Management teams and business units and their associated costs back to Technology and business groups. It will also formulate, implement, and facilitate effective communication plans, reduce duplication of effort, handle risk, and provide a consolidated view of all the projects within their respective area, while validating that the investments are hitting targets.
You will be responsible for ensuring appropriate management, customer and vendor involvement throughout the lifecycle of the associated operations and projects. The Senior PMO Director must be able to lead change and take active leadership in timely decision making. In addition, the Director should identify issues proactively, resolve escalated issues, and work across the organization to execute the respective projects and operations. This role is pivotal in the PM team & within the wider Technology organization, and is required to drive direction & strategy & lead transformation in partnership the senior management team.
The position runs the US-based project team and takes on other roles as necessary.
• Ensure that various lines of business, departments and regions are satisfied with Tech project management services, across the whole range of services provided.
• Find opportunities where technology can aid business growth.
• Lead, contribute and/or participate in cross-brand projects and initiatives.
• Handle relationships with Stakeholders, Business Operations (including brand portfolio leads) and Technical Management.
• Resolve conflict within the position's area of focus.
• Coordinate participation of different groups in requirements gathering, specifications, design, development and deployment of key projects.
• Takes on the role of a metronome to help align priorities & direction for within the MSC leadership team.
• Comfortable 'managing up' and presenting/negotiating business case approvals to C-level and beyond.
Business & Commercial Alignment:
• Bridge the 'supply & demand' sides of the organization, monitoring service levels and ensuring timely and high-quality service delivery.
• Represent Tech. with affected business units through budget oversight and investment planning activities
• Provide oversight on tracking alignment to budgets to include Cost To Achieve, CAPEX/OPEX & alignment savings realization.
• Own program and project budgets and ensure alignment to key business drivers.
• Partner with Tech Finance to model, track & manage realization of business case benefits.
• Assist the Governance group with processes, defining and ensuring practices, policies, standards are followed effectively.
• Use appropriate project and operations management approaches to facilitate cross-team delivery including traditional and agile methodologies.
• Responsible for successful, timely delivery of projects and operational activities within the focus area.
• Partner with product/technology subject matter experts and technology leaders to reveal and lead dependencies and roadmap grooming.
• Work with product & technology teams to uncover opportunities for efficiency and assist in bringing solutions to life.
• Establish a release train management and/or scrum program that supports reliable delivery of appropriate technology deliverables.
• Create and propagate processes for tracking project delivery.
• Account for the accuracy of sizing and scope of individual projects or programs.
• Monitor projects in the portfolio including target schedules and resource commitments.
• Analyze and manage risk, including ensuring mitigation plans and corrective actions are established.
• Ensure change control and risk mitigation processes are established and overseen.
• Ensure all required data for making decisions is complete and available.
• Support coaching activity as necessary to support our Agile practice, and work with peers to find opportunities to improve efficiency & effectiveness.
• Drive adoption of Agile, OKR & partner with the PMO team on effective & comprehensive portfolio reporting.
• Communicate project status to executive management, directors, and other key personnel.
• Ensure that key status, issues, and activities (e.g., software releases, changes of procedure, etc.) are communicated frequently and thoroughly to appropriate teams.
• Ensure communication across the PM teams to build a cross group governance model.
• Ensure project retrospectives are conducted, with results reported back to the project partners and key findings incorporated into future activities.
• Communicate results of ongoing assessments of team and organizational Scrum maturity, where appropriate.
• Lead on creating and communicating Business Plans, Business Cases and return on investment for new services and initiatives.
• Drive Portfolio reporting to C Level & ensure PM team leads contribute accurate, transparent & comprehensive updates at a regular cadence.
Staff Management and Development:
• Manage and mentoring staff and their effective utilization and contributing to career development and performance evaluations.
• Act as a leadership metronome for partners & peers in the organization.
• Occasional travel and flexibility for meeting schedules across multiple time zones.
• Strong, proven leadership skills.
• Superb written and verbal communication.
• Empathic and compelling communication, negotiation and influencing skills
• Ability to work effectively across every level to establish strong credibility with executive management up to CTO level.
• Ability to see the big picture and generate or adopt new ideas; develop medium and long-term strategies that account for internal and external factors coupled with a willingness to roll sleeves up and get the job done.
• The drive and determination to personally see things through to completion.
• Ability to create trust in an open environment where conflicts pertaining to project priorities and funding decisions can be aired and resolved in an o
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx6wez-3-81-89-248-42 in your application.