We are looking for a team member who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment as the HR Manager for our CBS News Digital Group at ViacomCBS. This individual plays a key role in partnering with business leaders to translate business objectives into actionable HR & talent initiatives. This individual will work alongside managers on all aspects of people management and employee relations.
Reporting to the VP of HR, you will provide solutions-focused HR guidance and best practices to help our business unit achieve their goals. This includes helping to attract and hire great talent, developing high potential employees and creating a great place to work and learn. Our team is a diverse and agile group that effectively collaborates with the business to shape our department. Our teams work on amazing products including CBSN and CBSnews.com. You will be part of our fantastic News HR team who are well-regarded across the division as reliable, fair and fun partners!
• Build effective partnerships with your business unit management to foster a culture of performance excellence.
• Own the talent innovation agenda for your client group - provide full scope HR partnership to leaders including: executive coaching, employee relations, incentive and compensation actions, structure and leveling, employee engagement and culture development, diversity and inclusion, organizational design, change management, employee communications, performance management and people development.
• Be active in the Talent Acquisition Process (interviewing, providing feedback, etc.)
• Partner with the VP of HR on organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, and skills assessments.
• Review and analyze business data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience.
• Collaborate with multiple teams across ViacomCBS on initiatives, policies & procedures, and integrations when needed.
• Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling.
• A collaborative, consultative approach to HR.
• 2 - 5 years of well-rounded HR Business Partner experience in a professional environment where customer service is paramount; well-versed in all disciplines of the HR function and current in emerging talent practices and developments;
• Strong interpersonal, facilitation, presentation and negotiation skills;
• Must demonstrate influence and client consulting skills with employees, managers and senior leadership;
• Demonstrated good HR judgment in dealing with complex employee relations cases;
• Detail and goal-oriented with a passion for excellence and have the flexibility to deal with multiple and changing priorities while focused on delivering great customer service and quality;
• Must have resilience to manage a heavy workload from time to time during our annual HR processes;
• Must be confident in handling ambiguity and fluid situations and have an abundance of common sense and pragmatism;
• Energetic self-starter who can work in a complex collaborative environment that rewards experiments, initiative, curiosity and mentoring;
• Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and statutes which govern policies and practices of hiring, compensation and benefits and general employment;
• BS/BA in Business, Industrial Psychology, or Human Resources; PHR designation highly desired.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d29226-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.