Senior Analyst, Finance
London, United Kingdom
Who You Are!
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds, makes this a great place to work! We work hard but in a fun environment and seek to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment. If you're passionate about working with diverse teams, leading by example and simply being you at work, this is the place for you!
What is the role
This is a high profile role in the finance department within the UKA (UK and Australia) cluster. Reporting into the Senior Finance Director – Commercial Finance, the role is responsible for the management of a UK P&L in excess of $450m predominately made up of advertising revenue. This includes Channel 5, MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Paramount and Pluto.
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
• Being responsible and accountable for forecasting (inc. budgeting), actualising, reporting, analysis and control of the UK ad sales and ancillary P&Ls
• Business partnering on the UK advertising and ancillary revenues with key stakeholders including the SVP Ad Sales, CFO, FP&A and Brand FDs, Sky Media finance as well as many other members of senior management
• Managing two direct reports and when necessary deputising for the Senior Finance Director
• Creating capacity, coordinating improvement of and setting up processes so they can be run efficiently
Analysis & Partnering
• Responsible for supporting the build of long range plans, budgets, estimates and all other deliverables in line with the central FP&A calendar. This should include a view on long-term assumptions around key TV KPIs
• On a weekly, monthly and ad-hoc basis providing and clearly communicate insightful, concise variance analysis having understood the KPIs and drivers of the P&L performance
• Partnering with the business/ senior finance director/other members of finance on ad-hoc analysis and evaluation of commercial opportunities/risks
• Partnering with the business on set up and P&L recognition of commercial revenues and costs
• Contributing to the project teams looking to operationalise the long term plan
• Initiating financial processes and value add reporting across the advertising and ancillary P&Ls including the full integration of the Pluto ad sales into the team
• Supporting the Senior Finance Director in preparation of weekly financial updates to senior management
Process and control ownership
• Being accountable for the maintenance and accurate updates of any input and output required to forecast on a weekly and monthly basis, particularly the ad sales revenue models and risk and opps tracker
• Overseeing the loading of month-end and P&L forecasts into the financial system on a monthly basis
• Working with GBS (our Shared Service team in Budapest) to ensure month-end, balance sheet (inc. revenue accruals) and invoicing are correct
• Maintaining internal controls and assisting with annual audit, financial reporting and SOX requirements
• Pro-actively, continuously improving efficiency and robustness of all processes to create capacity in the team
• Providing necessary training and coaching new members of staff and all other management duties
• Building relationships with and demonstrating commercial capability of the team to the rest of the business
• Embrace the 'One ViacomCBS' approach and encourage collaboration and team working
• Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, internally and externally
• Adopt and promote the ViacomCBS values and support a culture of inclusion
What skills do you need
• You will be a qualified accountant
• Experience of working in a fast paced finance department preferably with in revenue based role
• Experience of dealing with complex models with the excel skills to comfortably manage them
• To be able to prioritise appropriately, working to tight deadlines often from different stakeholders
• A self-starter who can work without direct supervision and has a high level of attention to detail whilst being able to maintain focus on the bigger picture
• Ability to comprehensively understand, deeply analyse problems/data and provide commercially sound recommendations/conclusions
• Have a project management skillset and a completer-finisher mentality
• Can independently build relationships and deal with finance and non-finance stakeholders of all levels of seniority
• A team player who will 'pitch in' when required and can both manage upwards and downwards
• Committed to delivering high quality outputs every time with the ability learn quickly from mistakes
• Ability to challenge the status quo and will pro-actively continuously improve processes
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
Whether you are a leader or hope to one day be, you will be a change maker by challenging the status quo, Lead with passion and purpose Drive collaboration and Lead with openness to individual differences and diverse perspectives.
What are our values - Bravery | Empathy | Honesty
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
What are our benefits
As well as being supported with your career goals Permanent and Fixed Term Contract employees will be entitled to:
• Private Medical Insurance after completing 3 months of employment
• Season Ticket Loan
• Cycle to work scheme
• TV Package Discount
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Discounted Gym Membership
• Discounts for Local Shops and Restaurants and Access to Reward Gateway
• We are happy to talk about flexible working
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and we take our responsibility in safeguarding children and adults seriously. We work hard to ensure that everyone with whom we engage receive equal protection from all types of harm or abuse, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity; an obligation we take very seriously. To ensure, we are an exemplar in the field of safeguarding individuals, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria of the role applied for and for those who are successful in receiving an offer for roles that interact with children, completed background checks will be required prior to joining.
Brand ViacomCBS Networks International