Senior Contract Administrator
London, United Kingdom
Who You Are!
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds, makes this a great place to work! We work hard but in a fun environment and seek to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment. If you're passionate about working with diverse teams, leading by example and simply being you at work, this is the place for you!
The Senior Director Content Strategy and Programming is responsible for defining, operating and evolving the content strategy for Pluto TV UK. The role leads channel creation, development, prioritisation and content scheduling activities.
Reporting to the international SVP/Head of Programming & Acquisitions based in NY, this is a key role on the streaming content team in defining and executing our content strategy. The Senior Director Content Strategy and Programming will be responsible for the local Pluto team and will also work very closely with a wide range of teams in the UK linear team including the Commissioning, Acquisitions, C5/My5 Scheduling, Milkshake, Marketing, Broadcast Operations, Commercial Distribution and Business Affairs. This individual will work with the larger global Pluto TV content team to partner on pan-regional acquisitions, overall programming strategies, and to share standard methodologies.
We are looking for a dynamic and focused executive with a deep expertise in content strategy and acquisitions.
Responsibilities will include:
• In partnership with the VCNI UK team, define and be responsible for the content strategy for Pluto TV UK demonstrating ViacomCBS assets, acquisitions, and local original productions
• Manage a team of five people who are responsible for the scheduling and content acquisition duties for the UK market. Direct reports will be Senior Manager of Content Programming and Senior Manager of Content Partnerships.
• Evolve and execute the editorial vision to drive growth and engagement for our audience, while responding to cultural and consumer trends & business needs.
• Co-develop, implement, and iterate a content windowing strategy with Channel 5 / My5 teams
• As needed, negotiate favourable content rights to improve performance and revenue
• Work with content & ops and product teams during channel launch phases and operating stages to ensure quality of the launched channels / content
• Coordinate the day-to-day operational relationship with our media processing and metadata partners, and key departments across both VCNI UK and VCNI Streaming
• Ensure Pluto UK meets its obligations to producers, platforms, channel partners and regulators in operating Pluto TV's linear and VOD services
• Work closely with growth function to develop data and commercially-prioritised content initiatives and strategies
• Accept the 'One ViacomCBS' approach and encourage collaboration and team working
• Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, internally and externally
• Adopt and promote the ViacomCBS values and support a culture of diversity and inclusion.
What skills do you need
• You have several years of working experience in a major digital video business, preferably dealing with broadcast, SVOD or other long form premium content, with a focus on content proposition and/or product development
• Experience recruiting, managing, and training content professionals
• Strong communication and collaboration skills with peers in departments across the larger organization
• A track record in leading successful linear and VOD services in a commercial organisation operating in a highly competitive market
• Experience in using data and analysis in inform operational and strategic decision-making, and a wider understanding of the importance and uses of data in video businesses
• Strong budget management and cost control experience, ensuring all investment is passionate about delivering strong return for the business
• You demonstrate experience in market analysis and competitive analysis
• You have a strong passion for content and entertainment and broad knowledge of pop culture, film, TV and online video
• First class written and verbal communication skills at all organisational levels.
Whether you are a leader or hope to one day be, you will be a change maker by challenging the status quo, Lead with passion and purpose Drive collaboration and Lead with openness to individual differences and diverse perspectives.
What are our values - Bravery | Empathy | Honesty
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
What are our benefits
As well as being supported with your career goals Permanent and Fixed Term Contract employees will be entitled to:
• Private Medical Insurance after completing 3 months of employment
• Season Ticket Loan
• Cycle to work scheme
• TV Package Discount
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Discounted Gym Membership
• Discounts for Local Shops and Restaurants and Access to Reward Gateway
• We are happy to talk about flexible working
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and we take our responsibility in safeguarding children and adults seriously. We work hard to ensure that everyone with whom we engage receive equal protection from all types of harm or abuse, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity; an obligation we take very seriously. To ensure, we are an exemplar in the field of safeguarding individuals, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria of the role applied for and for those who are successful in receiving an offer for roles that interact with children, completed background checks will be required prior to joining.
Brand ViacomCBS Networks International