Product Data Analyst
New York, NY
Responsible for the operation and maintenance of ViacomCBS's Global Data Governance (GDG) program, The Content Registry (CR). Executes data related workflows. Provides reporting support as needed to communicate statistics on ViacomCBS holdings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Operation of proprietary database applications for data entry into the Content Registry (CR).
• Processing, organization and distribution of all workflow requests submitted through EBX.
• Establish, track and monitor the prioritization of new submissions.
• Provide reference and research assistance for user community.
• Develop and provide historical references for company holdings.
• Participation in long-term Data Governance projects and the communication of status to all necessary parties.
• Track and enforce customer Service Level Agreements.
• Perform user acceptance testing (UAT) for CR database.
• Provide support to other systems (Rights Logic, ALIAS, What's On, ARC) particularly regarding integration with the CR.
• Maintain current knowledge of new technologies and practices used in the Data Governance process through exposure to industry practices, changing technology, and proactive networking.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Familiarity with VIACOM Media Networks programming.
• Excellent problem-solving abilities with experience in process and quality analysis
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities while working in a fast-paced schedule driven organization.
• Familiarity with MDM software tools, workflows, and interfaces with other systems.
• Experience in Data Governance, Data Stewardship, Data Quality Management, and Data Architecture Standardization.
• Knowledge of content metadata and TV media-based ontologies (PBCore, EBUCore, EIDR, etc.)
• Experience working with customers in multiple time zones in a 24-hour environment.
• Superior customer service skills; both in communication and follow-up.
• Knowledge of entertainment media acquisition, production, packaging, delivery, and distribution workflows including Rights, Scheduling, and Finance Systems.
• Understanding of the Viacom system landscape and the cross-system data dependencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Library Science or MIS or directly related field preferred
• Excellent computer skills with a working knowledge of EBX, SAP, and RMS preferred
• Experience with Content Product Lifecycle Management and Master Data work streams
• Knowledge of Supply Chain business processes
• Knowledge to leverage support from Shared Service Organization and IT platforms
• Work Experience in global markets a plus
• Work Experience in the Broadcast Media industry a plus