This person will anchor newscasts as assigned on KDKA-TV, and report. Will turn content, front multiple live shots, write copy for the station's website and use all social media to promote their assignments, both from the field and the desk. Applicants should also be able to shoot, write and edit their own material.
• Effective communicator from the anchor desk and in the field with live reporting
• Ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines
• Excellent news judgment, ability to problem-solve
• Key collaborator with team of producers, photographers, production staff and managers.
• Strong live reporting skills; proven ability to react to breaking news situations
• Skilled interviewer & creative storyteller and writer.
• Ability to shoot, write & edit.
• Able to generate own story ideas that are compelling and provide a viewer benefit
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
• College Degree required.
• At least 3 years' experience reporting in a commercial broadcast setting including regular live reporting; daily live reporting preferred; proven experience generating enterprise or investigative story angles a plus.
• Knowledge of social media and how to use it to promote to broadcast and the web; experience writing for the web required.
• Knowledge of ENPS and iNews rundown systems and Grass Valley Stratus, and Edius editing solutions preferred
• Experience with emerging media techniques and equipment in a newsroom setting a plus.
• Must be able to work all shifts
• SAG-AFTRA member
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r715j9-44-192-253-106-42 in your application.