Evolvement of role: The Producer role will include working across Streaming, primarily focused on morning-through-midday programming, allowing Streaming to be adaptable and proactive with both International and Domestic coverage.
The CBS News Streaming Network is seeking a London-based PRODUCER to join its 24-hour coverage team. The ideal candidate is proactive, creative and editorially rigorous. They will demonstrate a firm command of journalistic standards, a keen attention to detail, and excellent newsgathering and visual storytelling skills. They must also be calm and efficient during breaking news and, while based in London, serve as a collaborative member of a global newsroom.
The producer will primarily be responsible for producing live and taped programming across a variety of coverage beats including domestic stories, breaking news, international stories, interview segments, reporter cross-talks and debriefs, medical, consumer, tech and cultural reports. This person must have strong news writing skills and a talent for producing compelling, visual segments on tight deadlines.
Key to this role is a demonstrated ability to coordinate with editorial leaders and live-show producers, as well as bureau chiefs, field producers and correspondents, to ideate, plan and bring to air same-day and future coverage.
As a hardworking journalist, the producer is proficient in International news, which is the primary responsibility of this role, but also needs to be fluent in US storylines to support American coverage as needed. You enjoy working in a fast-paced news environment - the CBS News London bureau - pitching original ideas daily, carrying out day-of-air segments and pre-producing special coverage, and rising to the occasion during breaking news events.
- Identify, pitch, shape and implement primary International and occasional Domestic (US) segment ideas with speed and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Research and produce compelling segments that include quality sound, eye-catching, factually-accurate maps and graphics, and headline-grabbing banners
- Write and customise copy for anchor and reporter voices for live segments/readers as well as writing for feature and news packages
Order original graphics
- Source and edit video elements, including from agency partners and social media
- Prepare anchors and correspondents ahead of segments
- Communicate with correspondents and producers in the bureau and in the field
- Work closely with the New York-based show production team and handle breaking and planned news coverage for a 24-hour streaming news network from London
- Communicate with control room team during execution of live segments
- Participate in daily staff editorial and production meetings
- Work with Digital Line Producers and editors to review and update segments after they air
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 5 years of broadcast or cable news experience, with recent experience at a national or global video news organisation that covers late-breaking news
- Strong editorial judgement
- Familiarity and working knowledge of digital video production-related techniques and online content management
- Exhibits calm demeanour in high pressure situations, including control room
- Live control room experience
- Command of AP style and broadcast writing
- Familiarity with ENPS
- Basic video editing skills
- Sophisticated knowledge of current events, geopolitics and pop culture
- Deep understanding of news standards, rights and clearances and fact-checking practices
- Ability to work early mornings, nights, weekends and holidays, sometimes on short notice, as coverage and news priorities require, as this is a 24-hour news operation
This is a London-based in-office position and is not eligible for hybrid or remote work.
Candidates must have the right to work in the United Kingdom to be considered for this position.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
If you have any difficulties in applying or require access needs arising from a mobility or any other impairment please let us know by emailing email@example.com or calling 0207 555 1234. We can then ensure your experience and visit is as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk1pjp-44-201-68-86-42 in your application.