Sr Video Editor
ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, CBS All Access, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
• Develop promotional concepts and execute those concepts on Adobe Premiere and Avid Media Composer edit systems. May also work with outside vendors to establish the tone of a project. Constant communication is essential to ensure proper elements are being provided that meet all creative and technical specifications.
• Training, template and documentation development
• The Principle Video Editor will train and mentor all junior editorial talent. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the junior editorial/producing staff and freelancers fully understand proper protocol throughout the entire production pipeline. In conjunction with the Sr. Director, Production Operations, this person will also create templates and documentation for content creation workflows to ensure uniformity and efficiency with regard to all project logistics.
• The Principle Video Editor will be required to collaborate with the Sr. Director, Production Operations to make sure all creative and technical bottlenecks are identified and addressed in a timely manner. They will also help select and / or develop tools to help transition the group into future technologies such as UHD and HDR deliveries. The Editorial Supervisor will help implement media management, metadata, and archiving protocols.
• Must have a basic understanding of audio mixing; must be able to read scopes and confirm audio levels. Develop round-trip protocols for sending audio back and forth to mix sessions and outside vendors.
• Must have a basic understanding of color grading and relevant workflows; must be able to read scopes and confirm video levels. Develop round-trip protocols for sending video back and forth to color sessions.
• Help ensure that content is delivered to multiple platforms, each with the correct delivery requirements. In addition to understanding specs there must be a mastery of reading video and audio measurements and the ability to confirm content is meeting the technical delivery requirements.
• Will coordinate with in-house and third party graphic design teams to ensure all graphic elements are delivered to spec and satisfy the creative needs of the project.
• The Principle Video Editor must be comfortable working with a variety of creative and technical groups. A good attitude is a must in communicating with coworkers from many departments. The candidate must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• A minimum of 10 years of post-production experience in broadcast television is required.
• Management experience
• Adobe Premiere Pro editing software
• Avid Media Composer
• Reading Broadcast scopes.
• After Effects
• DaVinci Resolve and an understanding color managed workflows
• UI / UX development experience