CBS Marketing is looking for a Post Production Supervisor to supervise online editors and audio sweetening mixers in the production of promos and other promotion materials for broadcast, etc.
• Supervise the online editing and audio sweetening of promos produced by the writer/producers and assigned by the Director of Production. This includes directing the activity of online Avid editors, audio mixers, and voice-over talent.
• Manage and QC (quality control) the production of media files for final air and distribution to digital partners.
• Confer with operations and support services personnel to coordinate unit activities with other departments.
• Edit scripts for continuity and accuracy.
• Input production data into Jira (workflow management program) and use that for the communication and production of promos.
• Direct voice-over talent; supervise and approve final audio mix down and export of completed audio files.
• Plan and coordinate production based on availability of approved spots, completed avid projects and on-air deadlines.
• Bachelor's Degree with a major in Television or Film production (from four-year college or university).
• 3+ years related experience at a television network, network affiliate, major film studio, production company or advertising agency).
• Experience with supervising production personnel and scheduling production facilities is required.
• Solid technical background in post-production is an absolute requirement. Must have thorough knowledge of linear and nonlinear editing techniques, audio pre-lay and mixing methodologies and media file formats, animated graphics, other miscellaneous equipment used in the day-to-day post-production process.
• Knowledge of Jira and/or another workflow/tracking program a bonus.
• A thorough understanding of file-based post-production workflows is required.
• Must be computer literate. This includes a thorough knowledge of the Mac and Windows operating systems, spreadsheets, database systems, and general word processing.
• Additional requisite skills include being a well organized and detail-oriented person with strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must work well under pressure, while dealing with on-air scheduling deadlines.
FUNCTION: Post Production