Manager, Subscriber Acquisition
About The Brand
BET+ is a premium online streaming service with exclusive originals and thousands of TV episodes and movies from the best Black creators, like Tracy Oliver, John Singleton, Mara Brock Akil, Will Packer, and many others. A joint venture between BET Networks and Tyler Perry Studios, BET+ allows users to stream Black culture including hit movies, TV shows, documentaries, stand-up, and specials, all in one place, commercial-free. The new service from BET Networks, a subsidiary of ViacomCBS Inc., is the official home of Tyler Perry's film, TV and stage works. Visit BET.Plus to learn more.
Overview and Responsibilities
As BET+'s Subscriber Relationship Manager, you will be a key member of our growing marketing team. This position will work out of our office in Los Angeles, California. You will lead the end-to-end execution, management, reporting and optimization of all consumer-facing email communications, as well as drive lead-gen acquisition and retention initiatives.
• Execute on targeting strategies based on customer lifecycle segmentation, cross-sell & predictive analytics
• Deploy subscriber communication campaigns across all channels (email, push, SMS, direct mail, etc.)
• Use marketing automation, CRM, and other technologies to support campaign execution with the goal of improving customer experience and LTV
• Continuously measure and optimize email and mobile campaign performance while also establishing benchmarks and recommending future tests
• Partner with product management and engineering teams to define success metrics and provide analysis on the performance of key titles, product features, etc.
• Collect new customer prospects and, working with the Acquisition team, build campaigns to better convert prospects to subscribers.
• Design and execute campaign testing strategies based on key hypotheses and deliver impactful findings that contribute to both business and channel growth
• Proof and QA campaigns to ensure 100% error free execution
• Proactively find opportunities to improve production processes for increased efficiency
• Monitor and optimize BET+ CRM efforts
• Demonstrated project management, planning and time management skills
• 5+ years' experience in technical email marketing for e-commerce and coding emails
• Knowledge of Sailthru and/or Braze ESP a plus
• Ability to edit email HTML and some Photoshop experience required
• Proven track record of creating, implementing and optimizing complex email programs to meet business goals
• Working knowledge of analytics/BI and data visualization tools like Tableau, Google Analytics, Sisense
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills with ability to think strategically, creatively, and analytically
• High attention to detail, deadlines, and accuracy with minimum supervision
• Positive attitude and ability to operate in a very rapidly changing environment with ambiguity; requires being scrappy
• Ability to effectively resolve problems and/or roadblocks independently as they occur, knowing when to escalate when necessary
• Bachelor's Degree preferred (Marketing, Business Development, Economics or related analytics fields)