Manager, Ad Sales Finance
New York, NY
Overview and Responsibilities
The Ad Sales Expense Manager will partner with financial and business colleagues to evaluate, budget and actively manage the financial subject area for the Ad Sales organization. Key components of the role include helping to build the long range financial plan, evaluating changes to budget, actively managing actual costs and reporting on variance analysis for both business and financial leaders.
The Manager will provide senior management with financial reporting and analysis to be used for strategic and tactical decision-making, long range financial plans, annual operating plan and forecast cycles. In addition, the Manager will work with partners across the business to develop, interpret and implement financial and strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting to drive business results.
Role and Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Responsible for financial process and reporting
• For monthly closes:
• Own the monthly close process including monthly close packages
• Analyze and explain monthly, quarterly and annual expense variances
• Prepare pacing reports and monitor spend against annual goals
• Review and ensure that all monthly activities have been recorded properly including journal entries and accruals
• Partner with Global Business Services (GBS) and Controller's group to orchestrate necessary accounting entries to be made
• Review expenses on a monthly basis and investigate any unusual or high charges
• For Budgeting, forecasting and planning:
• Lead meetings with each business unit and support them by setting targets/goals & deadlines and providing guidelines, training, etc.
• Communicate all information and changes to all parties in a timely manner
• Work on an as‐needed basis with business unit to discuss the status of their business and progress versus the budget or estimate and provide direction for financial issues to be resolved
• Own forward looking reporting and ensure financial information is clear and accurate, timely and useful to key partners for decision‐making
• Build and maintain a close and solid working relationship with each partner
• Ensure accurate financial controls and procedures are in place and followed, focusing on compliance with Sarbanes‐ Oxley Act
• Liaise with Controller's group to ensure that all business unit activities are in compliance with GAAP and with standard company practices
• Help prepare and consolidate various ad hoc analysis, reports and information requests.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economic or Business
• Minimum 5 years of financial experience
• Strong knowledge of accounting principles
• High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience with SAP or similar system highly valued
• Solution-oriented approach; Continuous improvement mentality – ability to seek out and implement internal or external best practices
• Customer-focused approach; ability to provide world-class service
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and deal with ambiguity
• Flexibility with work schedule
• Cable industry knowledge is a plus, but not required
ViacomCBS is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others.