Moving Picture Company
Los Angeles, CA
This position is responsible for the installation, maintenance, and functionality of post-production hardware and software, including servers, storage, editorial, and graphics animation and design workstations. They will also provide direct end-user support and must be customer service-focused. This position requires a thorough understanding of the post-production process for promo creation and operations workflows, and their underlying technical infrastructure.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Provide daily support for creators using Adobe After Effects and Cinema 4D, Avid Media Composer, and Adobe Premiere.
• JAMF Pro administration and deployment of all Apple computers in the production environment: enrollment, package creation, reporting, management, deployment.
• Adobe Creative Suite Dashboard management and end-user licensing management.
• Build, update and patch editorial and graphic design workstations including After Effects and Cinema 4D and associated plugins and all associated hardware.
• Support post-production infrastructure including but not limited to Quantum StorNext SAN, Qumulo storage, Telestream Vantage, and Lightspeed Live Capture, Aspera.
• Document and maintain departmental procedures for the benefit of the entire technology team and end-users.
• Information Security Compliance, Testing, and Documentation
• Advanced Adobe Creative Suite, particularly After Effects and Adobe Premiere.
• Advanced knowledge of MacOS.
• Extensive experience with Linux, and Windows systems; VM, desktop, and server environments.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• A positive attitude and willingness to collaborate across management and technology layers to solve problems and derive workflow solutions.
• 5 or more years working in a media post-production environment.
• Strong troubleshooting skills with focus on determining hardware, software, firmware, and application issues both repeatable and intermittent.
• Experience with network protocols, routing and switching.
• Experience in remote workflows and technologies to support post-production; such as HP Z Central, Jump Desktop, and Teradici.
• Program experience with at least one language; Java, Python, Perl, or Bash.
• Experience with the video signal standards and related infrastructure
• Understanding of network file sharing protocols; NFS, SMB/CIFS and accelerated file transfer, Aspera and Signiant.
• Ability to communicate and update technical documentation and workflow diagrams utilizing AutoCAD or Visio, OmniGraffle or Lucid chart.
• Avid expert-level support experience for Media Composer/Symphony workstations, Interplay, Media Central, Air Speed, and Nexis servers, and Azure VMs (Avid ACSR and Azure certifications are desirable).
• Thorough understanding and practical experience supporting hybrid cloud environments for broadcasting and post-production workflows (AWS, Azure, and GCP Certified SysOps Administrator, Certified Advanced Networking, and/or Certified Security certifications are desirable).
• Active Directory administration
• Advanced experience in configuring CISCO network hardware in a combined Apple OS, Windows Server & Workstation, and various Linux distributions environment (CISCO Routing and Switching CCNA or CCNP certifications are desirable).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71e0q-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.