Director, Employee Relations
New York, NY
Overview and Responsibilities
We are looking for a collaborative, customer-focused team member to provide operational Human Resources support to the Finance organization, and act as a Human Resources Business Partner to specific client groups. This key role focuses on aligning business and HR priorities, and implementing HR programs, policies and initiatives to deliver best in class employee experience.
• Support implementation of a comprehensive, strategic people plan for Finance that aligns HR levers to the business goals.
• Provide Human Resources business partner support to assigned client groups, e.g., coaching managers and employees through basic employee relations issues, handling operational human resources workflows, growing understanding and application of HR policies, encouraging adoption of HR programs and approaches.
• Own customization and implementation of dedicated HR process(es) for Finance such as onboarding, offboarding, performance management, talent management.
• Continuously seek to improve HR processes, programs, and initiatives in ways that optimize the employee experience.
• Work across the HR team on special projects.
• Help advance Finance HR Priorities by crafting strong internal relationships with center of excellence specialists in areas as Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, HR Operations and Organization and People Development.
• 5 years of experience in Human Resources, ideally with at least 2 years in a specialist group such as compensation, staffing or learning and development.
• University degree in HR, Business Administration, or related field preferred
• PHR or SHRM-CP is desirable
• Exposure to employment law and best practice HR approaches
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; experience with an HRIS, Talent Analytics Platform, Org Charting tools and Collaboration tools such as Teams or SharePoint
• Sound judgment
• Ability to work autonomously
• Track record of operational excellence in a fast paced, vibrant environment
• Project management skills
• Customer focused
• Demonstrated ability to build trusting partnerships
• Resourceful, flexible and adaptable
• Problem solver, solution-oriented