Director, Employer Brand and Recruitment Marketing
West Hollywood, CA
About The Brand
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Overview and Responsibilities
Who We Are
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
ViacomCBS creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
We are currently seeking an eager and exceptional Coordinator for the Pluto TV Finance Department. This is a great entry-level position for a candidate looking to get a broad overview of corporate finance.
The Finance Coordinator will immediately contribute towards optimizing the growth and performance of financial processes within the Pluto TV brand. This person will be responsible for the administration of various tasks about the day-to-day administration, monthly forecasting, and annual planning cycles, as well as ad hoc analysis and accounting. The ideal candidate is well organized, solution-oriented, and able to take initiative.
This position will begin remotely and ultimately be located in our West Hollywood office.
This is a meaningful role for our organization with a wide range of responsibilities, including the following:
• Ensure monthly payment of vendor invoices in coordination with central teams, and organize contracts and purchase orders
• Prepare accruals and uploading files to appropriate finance systems
• Liaise with international teams to collect and aggregate data
• Manage the financial calendar, organize meetings and cross-functional training
• Maintain and monitor outstanding account balances and follow up on appropriate documentation for payment
• Assist in month-end close, budgeting, and forecasting
• Prepare ad-hoc reports as needed
• Manage expense reporting, travel policies, and administrative work for the finance department
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience to be successful in the role:
• Bachelor's degree or the equivalent required
• Minimum of 1-3 years of experience (including internships) in a role(s) that required high degrees or organization such as finance, accounting, billing, planning or procurement
• Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office applications: PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
• Able to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive issues or information
• Able to interact with individuals at all levels of an organization
• Proven ability to work under pressure, perform efficiently, handle multiple high priority tasks simultaneously, and meet tight deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills to create and maintain positive and effective working relationships
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don't get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It's the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you're in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
As stated, becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
We're an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
At PlutoTV and ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies, we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
ViacomCBS is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others.