CBS Television Stations
Editor / Director (Freelance)
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Excellent news judgment and ability to problem-solve.
• Skilled at editing voiceovers, sound bites and reporter packages in a non-linear system.
• Creative editor who has a vision for the way a story should look on-air and the ability to execute that vision; not just a video ''cutter.''
• Creative director who can collaborate with others to craft memorable shows on a daily basis.
• Ability to stay focused in the director's chair in breaking news situations.
• Self-motivated team player and leader with great people skills who can take direction from managers and work in collaboration with a team of talented producers, photographers, editors, talent and a full studio crew to execute the station's mission for a newscast.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
• College Degree required.
• At least 2 years' experience directing live news broadcasts in a commercial broadcast setting.
• At least 2 years' experience editing in a non-linear format. Experience with Grass Valley editing/playback system a plus.
• Experience with emerging media techniques and equipment in a newsroom setting a plus.
• Must be able to work all shifts.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4y8vq-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.