Manager, Programmatic Yield
New York, NY
CBS News Digital has an exciting opportunity for a PR Director in New York. This person will drive the communications strategy and publicity efforts for CBS News Digital and CBSN, CBS News' 24/7 streaming news service, as part of the broader positioning of ViacomCBS's leadership. The role will report to the Senior Director of Public Relations for ViacomCBS Digital while working closely with counterparts at CBS News.
• Promote CBS News Digital initiatives to trade and consumer press, field media requests, and maintain close working relationships with media.
• Lead promotional efforts that will include CBSN and CBSNews.com original programming and content, correspondents, and breaking news coverage, as well as digital platform launches and user growth.
• Partner with executives and CBSN producers to determine priorities for promotion and develop PR plans and strategies.
• Build talking points, press releases, press lists and other materials.
• Partner with broadcast PR and cross-functional digital teams to ensure cohesive messaging and maximum exposure.
• Vet and secure speaking engagements/panels for digital leaders and CBSN anchors and correspondents.
• Lead award submissions in coordination with executive leadership.
• Since its launch in November 2014, CBSN has grown significantly, and continues to build new original programming, launch on new platforms, and expand its viewership. This role will be responsible for driving a PR strategy to differentiate CBSN and CBS News Digital in an increasingly competitive landscape.
• On the content side, a focus of the PR Director will be to promote the original franchises of CBS News Digital and CBSN, such as the CBSN Originals documentary series.
• This person will help drive the industry leadership positioning of ViacomCBS streaming strategy.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• At least 8-10 years of hands-on media relations experience in the digital media industry, preferably with previous news publicity experience.
• Shown knowledge of and passion for digital media and news industries.
• Ability to think creatively, generate new story angles, and build and drive communications campaigns.
• Responsibility as an excellent teammate and flexibility to work closely with various business units.
• Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and simultaneously handle many projects.
• Strong writing skills, computer proficiency and social media savvy.
• Bachelor's degree.