Legal Assistant, Production Content Review
New York, NY
Coordinator/Sr. Coordinator, Contract Management, Business and Legal Affairs
Overview and Responsibilities
We are looking for a Coordinator/Sr. Coordinator, Contract Management candidate who will provide day-to-day coordinator/contract management services for the MTV Entertainment Group, with a focus on studio production matters for original scripted and unscripted long form programming, as well as short-form original digital and social content. This position will begin remotely and ultimately be located in either Los Angeles, CA or New York, NY, depending on the candidate's location.
• Handling a heavy volume of fast-paced business and legal affairs matters for MTV Entertainment Studios.
• Negotiating and drafting production agreements, with a focus on below-the-line agreements for scripted series, day player agreements, certificates of engagement, location releases, materials releases, vendor/rental agreements and hotel agreements.
• Manage and coordinate document delivery to third party distributors.
• Coordinate and track title and trademark clearance requests.
• Manage production checklists for multiple projects.
• Drafting contract summaries and assisting with other projects, including deal tracking and maintaining team databases.
• Reviewing and approving legal contracts for execution by production, and advising production on contract administration and compliance.
• Working with a broad range of departments, including Production, Labor & Employment, Risk Management, and Litigation to implement production legal policies and procedures.
• Researching relevant business and legal issues.
• Performing other day-to-day legal and business affairs-related tasks as needed and assigned by senior business and legal affairs executives.
• Minimum 2+ years of relevant experience (ideally with business/legal affairs experience in a network, studio, entertainment law firm or production company environment)
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Experience negotiating and/or drafting contracts, preferably in the media landscape
• Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to accurately analyze and identify legal issues and/or comments from opposing representation, and in response, understand and apply company policy
• Must be able to multi-task under pressure, manage a varied, high-volume workload efficiently, and operate independently
• Must be able to build strong internal client relationships, and generate strong client satisfaction through quick turnaround
• Should be knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the entertainment industry
• Demonstrated capability for legal research, analysis and reasoning
• Ability to recognize when to seek advice from supervisor
• The business and legal affairs department works as a team in a highly collaborative manner. The ideal candidate will have a cooperative, positive, team-oriented spirit.