Product Designer, Regional Sports Networks
New York, NY
Paramount + daily animated variety series TOONING OUT THE NEWS seeks a Character Designer with proficiency in Adobe Suite. The series is NYC-based, and while the season will be remote, a NY candidate is preferred.
TOONING OUT THE NEWS is a variety series featuring a cast of animated characters covering real-world events the same day they happen, and interviewing real-world guests and newsmakers.
• Support the Character Design team in creating fully layered 2D puppets exclusively in Photoshop, for use with Adobe Character Animator and After Effects
• Drawing naturalistic character poses and illustrations that adhere strongly to the show style
• Create turnarounds and model sheets for new and existing characters, as well as design facial expressions and animation keyframes
• Ability to work within tight deadlines, for daily turnaround
• Excellent illustration, anatomy, and life drawing skills
• Proficient in Adobe Photoshop
• Must be extremely detail-oriented
• Prior experience in creating 2D characters for puppet animation is a plus
• Character animation experience a plus
• Have a strong work ethic, and can adapt quickly to a constantly changing script and design needs
• Ability to work evenings
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience