Senior Section Editor - Underscored
New York, NY
Paramount + daily animated variety series TOONING OUT THE NEWS seeks Adobe Character Animator Riggers. The series is NYC-based with a remote workflow currently. This job posting is for the applicant's primary role on the show. Please note: This is a fast-moving daily animated show and all hires are expected to take an animation generalist approach and be able to jump into one or more additional tasks such as digital puppeting, lipsyncing, hand drawn animating, etc, if the needs arise.
TOONING OUT THE NEWS is a variety series featuring a cast of animated characters covering real-world events the same day they happen, and interviewing real-world guests and newsmakers.
This is a remote position but preference is given to New York area candidates or those willing to relocate when the show returns to studio.
Please provide a resume/CV and reel with application.
• Taking design PSDs and turning them into Character Animator puppets
• Prepping and rigging hand-drawn arm gestures
• Setting up project files for daily animation
• Stress testing rigs for any possible fail-points
• Learn one or more phase of the animation process using Adobe Character Animator and assist where needed
• Experience creating general character rigs in any program for production use
• Working knowledge of Adobe Character Animator rigs
• An understanding of how character rigs are used in animation
• Penchant for organized workflows, strong note taking, and diligent testing
• Ability to work evenings
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience