Face the Nation is seeking a smart, creative, and enterprising Associate Producer with strong research skills and proven writing experience to join the editorial and production team at the most watched Sunday morning public affairs program on television! We are looking for a candidate with a firm command of journalistic standards, a keen attention to detail, and excellent news-gathering skills in addition to sound news judgment. They must also be calm and efficient during breaking news and a collaborative member of a newsroom. This role is responsible for compiling research and reporting for show segments and helping produce live interview segments as well as writing questions for guests. The ideal candidate will have field experience and experience working with high-profile guests. They must also have a strong proficiency in visual graphics and elements to support such interviews.
Additional duties include:
• Exercise editorial judgment in selection of content
• Write copy for anchor as well for feature and news packages
• Research and write questions for anchors for guest segments
• Work with editors to turn around pre-taped segments
• Pitch & execute special, feature & recurring segments
• Pulling specific video and soundbites
• Coordinating with correspondents, guests, and anchors to inform them on segment subject matter
• Pitches and executes stories
• 2+ years work experience in TV news
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, deal with intense deadline pressure, and react with thoughtful programming ideas and creative storytelling
• Strong communication skills
• You are a self-starter while also taking direction from producers and senior producers
• Strong editorial judgment and excellent writing skills
• Understanding of newsgathering and transmission technology
• Strong research skills and familiarity with public and private records databases, such as Lexis Nexis
• Works a Wednesday-Sunday schedule
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d92337-34-204-172-188-42 in your application.