San Francisco, CA
Overview and Responsibilities:
KPIX5 is recruiting for an anchor/reporter to join our award winning team of journalists. KPIX5 is a multi-platform newsroom and our anchors present and help prepare content for both on-air and online. The successful candidate knows how to connect with an audience through engaging, credible content. Our anchors are leaders who help shape the editorial day and mentor staff. Must work well under tight deadlines and have excellent ''LIVE'' anchoring skills.
• Anchor assigned newscasts.
• Write news scripts for on-air and online.
• Assist in copy editing of newscasts.
• Serve as a reporter as assigned, including special reports.
• Have an active presence on social media that engages the audience.
• Collaborate with and mentor producers and reporters.
• Make station appearances as required.
• Develop sources and story ideas.
• Other duties as required by management.
• Minimum of 3+ years anchoring or reporting news for broadcast media.
• Must have engaging on-air presence.
• Demonstrated ability to clearly and with command present breaking news.
• Must be able to work varied shifts.
• Demonstrate expertise with generating multi-platform content and engagement.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqok9x-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.