CBS MORNINGS is seeking a hard-working, creative, and enterprising Producer with extensive experience crafting feature pieces and live segments for television news!
This Producer will be a member of one of our anchor teams, collaborating closely with a ''CBS Mornings'' anchor and overseeing a small producing team on a variety of reports including breaking news, investigations, politics, high-profile interviews, and cultural reports. This person will be responsible for pitching, editorial planning for interviews, live segments and tape packages on a broad range of topics. They must have strong news writing skills and a keen eye in the edit room. They will be called upon to travel, produce interviews and features in the field, write scripts, and work with editors in assembling packages.
The ideal candidate will have a firm command of journalistic standards, a keen attention to detail, and excellent newsgathering and storytelling skills. They must also be calm and efficient during breaking news and a collaborative member of a newsroom.
• 7+ years television producing experience in a professional newsroom
• Strong editorial judgment and experience chasing breaking news
• Excellent writer with well-developed oral communication skills, especially when working on sensitive segments
• Proficiency in story structure, visual graphics and elements
• Must be able to juggle and prioritize multiple stories with different deadlines
• Experience with live remotes and multi-camera interviews
• Experience working with editors in assembling packages
• Must be a team player with a positive attitude
• Thrives in fast paced and time-critical situations
• Passion for news, journalism, and storytelling is required
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk9jx4-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.