Sales Digital Manager
Salt Lake City, UT
The Director of Group Sales is responsible for creating standards and goals that support department/organizational objectives and the business plan. This position will craft a sales strategy specifically related to Utah Jazz ticket products. This leader will assist in the development of new ticket sales strategies in coordination with the department Vice President and be responsible for the implementation thereof with a team of sales executives. Through innovation and accountability, the Director will lead and mentor their department to drive new business sales including season tickets, mini plans, single game tickets, group sales, corporate boxes, and club seating for the Utah Jazz, Vivint Arena, & the Salt Lake City Stars.
*All full-time and part-time employees of the Utah Jazz are required to be fully vaccinated (fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks after your final dose). Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical, religious, or personal reasons.*
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Communicate regularly with VP of Ticket Sales to understand the overall strategic direction of the department
• Exemplify and cultivate a culture of inclusion, diversity, transparency, and continuous personal and employee development
• Identify, develop, and execute strategic new business initiatives with a team of sales executives
• Direct within the stewardship of the department business plan while training, mentoring and holding staff accountable to their individual and team goals.
• Hire, manage, train, and coach Group Sales Account Executives to ensure unity as a department and maintain the highest level of customer experience and department growth.
• Work with marketing to develop and execute proper marketing plans to sell group tickets, rental spaces, fan experiences, and other ticket packages.
• Attend sales meetings with prospects as well as hosting prospects with sales representatives.
• Build sales campaigns with the help of the CRM and Data/Analytics team.
• Direct processes on Arena rental and sales opportunities
• Coordinate with sales team on Group and Rental on-sales, renewals, and events
• Work with ticket operations team to manage inventory to maximize potential revenue
• Work to find new lead sources and group categories that will support revenue growth.
• Coordinate with key internal departments such as Marketing, Finance, Premium Experience, Partnership Success and Membership to develop and drive strategic sales and service initiatives companywide
• Manage within the boundaries of the department business plan. Hold staff accountable for their influence on the business plan. Report budget variances to VP of Ticketing. Look for opportunities to improve margins by increasing revenue, reducing expenses, improving efficiencies
• Provide stewardship over the department group and premium ticket sales efforts which includes generating reports and tracking toward revenue goals.
• Lead a weekly team meeting with your sales team members
• Conduct weekly one-on-ones with your team to ensure that sales metrics are being attained and reps are being supported in their professional development.
• Embrace a culture of inclusion and diversity where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued, and heard
• Enrich lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories
• Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests
• Other duties as assigned
• Communicates effectively- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Develops talent- Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization's goals.
• Business insight- Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals.
• Cultivates innovation- Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
• Action oriented- Taking on new opportunities and rough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
• Drives results- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
• Bachelor degree or the equivalent training and experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with a background of sports sponsorship/ticket sales or related field preferred
• Experience successfully managing a sales team
• Must be proficient in database applications (preferably Microsoft CRM) and Excel, as well as other Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, and Outlook. Knowledge of ticketing software a plus
• Experience managing a department budget
• History of consistently achieving or sustaining sales goals
• Must possess problem solving and decision-making skills. Ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks
• Must work well in team environment
• Able to work flexible schedule when required, including evenings and weekends
• This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
• This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
• This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
• This person must be able to lift 25 lbs.
The Utah Jazz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and Utah Jazz reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1wqjy-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.