2023 United States Football League (USFL) Freelance Opportunities - Memphis, TN
The United States Football League (USFL) is searching for Freelancers to join their team in Memphis, TN. As a freelancer, you will work with different teams in Football Operations, Team Operations, Video Operations, Equipment Management, League & Gameday Marketing, Athletic Training, Business Operations and Strategy, and Communications to support League activities.
The USFL is an American football league owned by FOX Sports that delivers high-quality, innovative professional football played in the spring and early summer. There are eight teams split into two divisions. Each team plays a 10-game schedule followed by 4-team semifinals and a championship game. FOX Sports is an official broadcast partner of the USFL and will air games on a weekly basis.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will be considered for a freelance role based on the content of your cover letter and your prior experience and interests, as determined during the recruitment process. Areas of placement include:
• Football Operations
• Team Operations
• Video Operations
• Equipment Management
• League & Gameday Marketing
• Athletic Training
• Business Operations & Strategy
Freelancers will work from March 2023 - July 2023. The schedule and timeline may vary based on department needs and your availability. Some departments work weekends and early/late schedules.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
• Demonstrated knowledge of the company and sports media industry
• Knowledge of current FOX Sports programming and talent
• The ability to maintain a professional demeanor when interfacing with talent and executives
• Knowledge of football rules and regulations
• Outstanding communication and people skills
• Ability to work scheduled hours including evenings, weekends and select holidays during the USFL season
• Ability to travel as needed
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
• Committed and available to work for the entire length of the program
• Access to own housing and transportation to/from the assigned work site for on-site opportunities
• Must be able to work on-site in Memphis, TN
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2pz52-44-200-171-156-42 in your application.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes.