Universal Pictures Content Group (UPCG) is an independent mini studio within the infrastructure of Universal Pictures & Focus Features. With offices around the world and central headquarters in London, UPCG discovers, acquires and produces a diverse range of quality content across a multitude of genres (film, documentary, faith-based, live events such as musicals or stand-up comedy, TV drama/sitcoms, music, sports, family entertainment & special interest) for global distribution. It's multiplatform sales & distribution footprint includes theatrical, physical, digital (SVOD & Transactional), TV (Free & Pay) as well as consumer products. The business uniquely focuses on managing talents, partnerships, brands and titles across all rights and across their full lifecycle. It is a business rooted in Artists and repertoire (A&R) culture, driven by relationships, innovation and ambitious growth plans.
This role will be responsible for managing global marketing campaigns for a diverse range of titles, which could include feature films, documentaries, faith-based content, TV series, live events (eg. musicals/stand-up comedy) and other content.
The successful applicant will develop campaigns to drive commercial performance across all platforms (Theatrical/Digital/Physical/SVOD/PTV), creating materials, managing budgets and liaising with multiple 3rd parties to create world-class integrated marketing & PR plans, globally. They will be responsible for some of the highest profile and most complex releases on the UPCG slate.
This role will work closely with multiple departments internally, located in both the US and the UPCG Head Office in London. Departments you will work with include the wider marketing team, PR and Digital teams, Acquisitions, Content Strategy, TV Distribution, New Media and Theatrical Distribution partners. Where we have US rights, this role will serve as the key authority on the US market, sharing their recommendations with the central team based in London.
The successful candidate will build relationships with filmmaker/licensors/talent, sharing campaign plans capably and confidently. The successful applicant will collaborate with key stakeholders frequently, keeping them continually appraised of developments.
Key to this role are excellent US market knowledge, first-rate strategic and time management skills, a flexible and committed attitude, excellent written and verbal communication and the ability to think both commercially and creatively about our releases, building innovative campaign strategies to maximize commercial potential.
• Build and execute global marketing strategy and campaigns (including dating, release platforms, creative, distribution and financial analysis) for each title's release, both globally and internationally (at times, excluding the US market).
• Deliver effective, creative, integrated campaigns which maximize the commercial potential of all available rights (Theatrical, Home Entertainment, SVOD, TV)
• Originate and/or adapt creative assets to support marketing strategy, including trailers, key art and ATL/BTL materials
• Research and recommend key territories/audiences for campaign focus
• Brief, manage and direct external agencies (i.e. creative, media, social, promotions) to build the most effective and creative campaign
• Develop assets including key art, AV, packaging and above/below the line assets for use across digital, social and traditional media
• Work closely with our internal PR and digital teams to build considered, integrated briefs on a title-by-title basis
• Brief and develop both US and International marketing plans that consider the commercial potential and nuances of each territory
• Manage available marketing funds, ensuring budgets are adhered to and tracked
• Evaluate campaigns post-release to review effectiveness, analyze results, review and learn, and make necessary adjustments to future plans where appropriate.
• Support on New Business initiatives outside of the day-to-day
Collaboration & Stakeholder Management:
• Collaborate effectively with multiple internal and external departments/partners to create best-in-class campaigns (across theatrical, physical, digital and TV Distribution)
• Build strong relationships with filmmakers/producers/licensors/talent
• Represent UPCG at key stakeholder meetings, delivering key information in a passionate and professional manner
• Gain internal and external approvals of creative assets and campaign planning, in collaboration with Legal
• Provide summaries to internal and external stakeholders, including global release dates, financial summaries and territory marketing summaries
• Interested candidates must submit a resume online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Must be able to work flexible hours as needed, with an expected daily start time of 7:30 AM / 8:00 AM PT.
• Strategic, Deadline Driven & Solution-Orientated: Lead the creation & execution of marketing strategy globally on a diverse slate of content, balancing multiple stakeholder objectives
• Good Commercial Understanding & Adept Market Knowledge: Strong understanding of all aspects of marketing with track record of devising and executing innovative, integrated marketing campaigns. Good commercial understanding and acumen. Ability to forecast and budget accordingly.
• Organized Self-Starter: Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritize. Uses project critical path to ensure all campaign planning is on time and proactively notifies stakeholders where there could be risk.
• Flexible: Enthusiastic to work across multiple genres and styles of content
• Strong Collaborator: Committed team player, who can adapt to requirements within the team. Able to maintain strong working relationships with internal departments based in both the US and London offices, as well as external stakeholders (eg filmmakers/talent/licensors/agencies)
• Adept Communicator: Operate as a content evangelist and market expert to both internal and external partners. Able to manage communication across multiple time zones/flexibility beyond standard business hours.
• Creative Thinker: Lead on ideas, approaches and oversee creation and execution of creative materials/initiatives suitable for global markets.
• Management Experience: Some people manager experience desirable but not essential
• A passion for film/entertainment
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry,
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbj2kk-35-175-107-185-42 in your application.