Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (UPHE) Digital Distribution markets and sells movies and TV shows on digital platforms including VOD and EST.
The Manager of Business Analytics will create data-driven analyses to help UPHE's executives, customers, and other stakeholders understand the digital market. This person will gather, structure, and analyze information from customers, data suppliers, and research vendors to answer the business questions facing the digital distribution team. This person must have an extremely analytical mindset and be capable of carrying a project from a raw data set to an actionable, well-articulated recommendation. Projects will focus on areas such as distribution strategy, Universal's performance relative to its peers, market trends, and consumer behavior. This role reports to the senior director of business analytics.
• Work with teams including sales, product management, finance, business development, and marketing to understand the business questions they face; design and execute analyses to address their challenges; and create actionable presentations and recommendations
• Lead analytics and business insights across all digital partners including Amazon Prime Video, Apple TV, Comcast, VUDU, and YouTube/Google TV
• Key contact with the account team, establishing partner KPIs to monitor and derive insights:
• Partner-specific revenue targets and performance measurement
• Partner trends (growth, market share, comparative metrics) and testing/initiatives (forecasts and post-mortems)
• Growth initiatives and partner-level interpretation of market trends
• Create and clearly articulate presentations on topics to a variety of stakeholders, including senior management team
• Market performance and competitive insights into the trends, challenges, and opportunities facing the home entertainment industry as a whole
• Title pacing performance updates, built from partner-level point-of-sale data
• Partner context on competitive performance and initiatives
• Conduct analyses using Excel, Power BI dashboards, and statistical software to answer a wide range of business questions.
• Monitor quality of data flowing from key vendors, and lead resolution of issues as they arise.
• Synthesize syndicated and 3rd party research reports to help the senior management team understand how market trends affect the business.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the company.
• Minimum 3 years of experience working in a data-oriented role in media, consulting, market research, or a similar field
• Demonstrated interest in the media/entertainment/technology industries through work experience, coursework, or extra-curricular activities.
• High proficiency in Excel and other quantitative analysis tools
• Bachelor's degree in business or a related quantitative field
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
Desired Characteristics :
• Passion for learning about the growing film and TV VOD/EST business.
• Highly analytical mindset with proven quantitative reasoning skills.
• Curiosity and willingness to share a point of view in team meetings
• Experience creating analyses with tools such as Power BI, SAS, Minitab, R, SPSS, or similar.
• Ability to synthesize data clearly and concisely, tailoring reports to fit audience needs
• Familiarity with statistical techniques such as regression modeling and cluster analysis.
• Experience creating basic financial models
• MBA or graduate degree in a related field preferred
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d807bk-35-172-224-102-42 in your application.