Full Time Job
Universal Music Group
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Abbey Road is one of the most famous recording studios in the world and remains to this day a vibrant recording, mixing and post production facility. The Studios have been part of Universal Music for over 7 years and are a much-treasured asset providing a preservation service for their back catalogue based in Thamesmead.
The Abbey Road name has huge brand recognition worldwide and this is an opportunity to become part of the Abbey Road family.
Skills & Experience
• Responsible for transferring audio to a digital file format via digital audio workstation from a variety of different sources
• These will primarily be ¼'' and ½'' analogue tape but will also include digital formats such as uMatic and DAT in order to preserve their audio content and metadata for future use and/or supply it to clients in a specified manner
• It is imperative the transfers must reproduce the original recorded audio as accurately as possible
• Conscientious and able to work with minimal supervision
• The ability to prioritise effectively and work to meet tight and exacting deadlines
• Excellent communication skills are required for liaison with clients
• A strong team player and willingness to multitask as required
• Clear commitment to and consistent delivery of excellent customer service, high quality production and technical excellence
• Previous experience of/knowledge and understanding of Post Production would be a distinct advantage
• An enthusiastic, pro-active approach
• Ability to establish a co-operative working relationship with customers and other members of the studio group
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
• Familiarity with a DAW such as SADiE, plus a working knowledge of analogue and digital tape formats
• Prior experience and thorough knowledge of using analogue tape machines is essential
• familiarity with formats such as DAT, CDR, Sony 1630 uMatic and the relevant equipment used will be beneficial
• familiar with the operation of digital workstations in general
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw7e0p-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Universal Music Group
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.