Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) is the leading global music publisher with more than 57 offices in 47 countries. UMPG has some of the most important contemporary songwriters and artists on its global roster. UMPG is also the leading production music group in the world with a diverse and comprehensive portfolio of UPPM-owned repertoire. UPPM is the preeminent supplier of high-level production music throughout the world and serves the burgeoning business that creates, produces, and licenses music for use in film/TV, advertising, broadcast, and corporate clients.
Universal Production Music (UPM), a leading provider of production music for use in television, film, advertising, and interactive media is seeking a qualified Sales Development Representative (SDR) to be based in its Santa Monica, CA Headquarters. The SDR role will generate both proactive and inbound ''leads'' and screen potential customers who can benefit from our products and services. As the first line of communication with prospects, ideal candidates would possess a strong understanding of the sales process, excel at researching leads, starting new relationships, and setting our sales closers up for success. You should be goal oriented, a quick learner with strong communication skills, with the ability to showcase our offerings in a compelling way. Every potential customer needs to be treated as an opportunity to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels, and profitability.
How you'll CREATE:
• Represent UPM's product and services, starting with a comprehensive understanding and leading to consumer research to identify how our solutions meet needs
• Generate leads and build relationships by nurturing prospects and finding new potential sales outlets
• Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects and engage sales executives for next steps
• Identify best practices to refine the company's lead generation playbook
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
• Utilize LinkedIn Sales Navigator, cold calling, online research, email, and any other methods to generate new sales opportunities
• Maintain detailed documentation and analysis of leads in Salesforce.com
• Follow-up and qualify inbound leads and provide appropriate information to foster lead relationships.
• Identify prospect's needs and suggest appropriate products/services
• Build long-term trusting relationships with prospects to qualify leads as sales opportunities
• Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market daily
• Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) customers and sales executives
• Report to VP with weekly, monthly, and quarterly results
Bring your VIBE:
• Bachelor's degree or at least 3 years of relevant work experience
• At least 2 years of sales experience, with a history of success in identifying lead targets
• Strong communication skills via phone and email
• Proven creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
• Self-motivated, tenacious, confident, independent, and strong attention to detail
• Proficiency with Salesforce or other CRM software
• Prior experience as a sales development rep with a track record of achieving sales quotes
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1ox80-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.