This role is responsible for supporting global video/technical operations in our Los Angeles office. Primary responsibilities include building QC and transcode profiles for use in manual and automated workflows, troubleshooting technical issues related to video, audio, and caption/subtitle assets as they arise, and performing QC and editorial tasks required for daily production needs.
How you'll CREATE:
• Solve technical issues related to video and audio assets that occur across the digital supply chain
• Collaborate with development teams in automating cloud and on-premises media workflows to optimize efficiency
• Act as a technical point of contact and operator related to video production and post-production workflows
• Utilize various audio, video, and ancillary production and post-production tools such as cloud and on-premises based transcoding applications, non-linear editing tools, subtitling and closed captioning software
• Review (and create) automated + manual Master QC reports with an attention to detail to systematically flag potential issues or concerns with the content of those reports
• Update and maintain content metadata for incoming assets, utilizing 3rd party and proprietary tracking and asset management systems
• Author and maintain internal technical specifications
• Make sound, independent decisions, and know when to escalate issues
Bring your VIBE:
• A willingness to work a flexible schedule and location, as needed, in order to meet the deadlines and requirements of our internal labels and partners. Shift patterns are currently 9am-6pm and 2-11pm (may be subject to change due to business demands)
• 5+ years of experience in the digital video and audio post-production sectors
• Experience using ffmpeg for manual and automated media transformation workflows
• Deep knowledge of industry standard video and audio codecs, including the ability to troubleshoot issues using tools like MediaInfo and ffprobe
• Experience with cloud-based media transformation applications is a plus (AWS MediaConvert (Elemental), Dolby Hybrik, Telestream Vantage Cloud)
• Experience with programming/scripting languages is a plus (Python, JS, C family, Ruby, Perl, Bash)
• Strong expertise and experience in audio, video, and caption-based workflows utilizing tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, DaVinci Resolve, and MacCaption
• Knowledge of technical specifications required for delivery to the major digital media platforms worldwide
• Ability to provide constructive feedback around practices, tools and methods related to video production and post-production
• Outgoing, creative thinker
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A passionate and collaborative team player
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnk25m-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.