The UMG Nashville Strategic Marketing department is responsible for the development of world-class brand partnerships, sponsorship programs, and fan experiences supporting our entire UMG Nashville roster of Artists.
The department is dedicated to working closely with UMGN Artists, UMG staff, and Artist Managers to develop and create unique opportunities focused on music marketing and artist integration with branded campaigns, including content creation and marketing partnerships; private performances and corporate campaign sponsorships; and other related activities that further the artist's brand, music, and career.
The team is responsible for developing strategic partnerships that mutually benefit both brands and our artists. They are involved in the creative process and the execution of events and experiences; and ultimately enable brands and agencies to work with Universal Music Group's extraordinary music talent.
How you'll CREATE:
• New Business Development
• Responsible for all outreach and primary relationship driver, directly with brands, as well as their Advertising, Marketing and Promotions agencies with the goal of generating revenue and margin with branded campaigns, marketing partnerships, sponsorships and other activities that further success of the UMGN roster, its artist's brand, music and career.
• Work with UMG legal and Business Affairs, UMG Licensing and Artist Managers to negotiate, close and execute all deals, inclusive of planning, forecasting, and delivery of the event experience.
• Client Relations
• Work with our partners and collaborate with internal UMG staff to create and activate unique campaigns, music events and media opportunities for our artists, often incorporating the license of recorded music for TV, radio, digital, social media, out of home and print mediums.
• Cultivation of new and existing partner relationships focused on incremental project/revenue generating opportunities, including product integration, corporate events, and brand experiences.
• Marketing Strategy
• Work closely within UMGN to develop strategies and plans that will align campaigns with the appropriate timing, and then market our artists' participation once the campaigns are launched.
• Assist marketing and promotions team with launch and event planning and execution, as needed.
• Create and maintain applicable marketing budgets. Project and approve project expenditures, reconcile detail logs, and attend associated applicable budget meetings.
• Manage applicable vendor selection, payment, and expense reconciliation for project budgets.
• Additional Responsibilities
• Coordinate artist travel associated with content production and appearances, serving as point person between UMGN administrative support and artist management.
• Serve as point person for all associated marketing events (retail, trade show appearances, ''special guest'' appearances, etc.)
• Maintain reporting of metrics and performance benchmarks (e.g., site traffic, views, attendees, revenue) for internal distribution of branded content programs.
• Reports to UMG VP, Strategic Marketing
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Company Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Check out our full overview of benefits on the Perks Playlist page of the career site.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer in Alabama, Arizona, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Utah.
Marketing, Streaming & Digital Media
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbz6ko-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.