Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition
Santa Monica, CA
Leave of Absence (LOA) Specialist
How you'll LEAD:
The Leave of Absence, Accommodations and Benefits Specialist will oversee and administer leave requests and accommodations requiring specialized attention, particularly those arising under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), state & local leave laws, short-term & long-term disability plans and support administration of all US H&W benefit programs.
How you'll CREATE:
Leave of Absence and Accommodations
• Oversee the end-to-end administration of leave and accommodations for all US based employees
• Oversight requires ongoing application of state and federal laws (including but not limited to FMLA, ADA, CFRA, PDL, PFL and SDI) in conjunction with company policies to ensure employees understand and receive all potential leave and accommodation rights/benefit
• Day to day management involves fielding initial inquiries, ensuring completion of all required paperwork, determining eligibility in conjunction with a third-party leave administrator, requesting medical documentation, and partnering with People Business Partners and managers throughout the interactive process
• Maintain reasonable communication with employees on leaves and accommodations to facilitate smooth and timely return to work, relays communication between employees and their managers during leave within reason.
• Advise managers and employees on the interaction of leave and accommodations laws with paid time off, workers compensation, and short-term and long-term disability benefits.
• Track and maintain complete and accurate records of all leave and accommodation requests (including accounting for intermittent and reduced schedule leave use) in accordance with specified legal requirements and documented best practices
• Assist in the administration of health & group insurance plans, retirement & pension, including 401(k) plan, and other employer-sponsored benefit plans and perks
• Liaison with employees and HR Business Partners to address all questions related to US employee benefits, 401k plans, leave and accommodations administration programs
• Assist with Workday Benefits & Absence Management test cases, UAT, regression testing, and implementation according to operational and business rules
• Proactively engage with Payroll, Enterprise Systems, and third-party service providers to review data and integration files to ensure data and process integrity and troubleshoot Workday Benefit issues
• Process all billing related to US employee benefits, 401k plans, leave and accommodations administration programs
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bring your VIBE:
• Extensive knowledge of the leave requirements and other legal protections afforded by the FMLA, ADA, and other applicable laws
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to apply logic, problem solve and deliver results on complex data analysis
• Manage confidential and sensitive employee information and adhere to strict data privacy standards
• Heavily seasoned ''power-user'' regarding Excel (lookups, pivot tables, advanced formulas, etc.) preferred
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Workday HRCM software experience a plus
• 3+ years' experience with disability/leave of absence claims and accommodations required
• 3+ years' experience in benefits administration role preferred
• Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field
• SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred
• Completion of specialized certification or training on FMLA/leave administration a plus
• Experience working with Workday Benefits Administration a plus
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Winter Break'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g672bn-54-161-98-96-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.