Royalty Audit Assistant
Universal Music Group
Kings Cross, United Kingdom
The UMC A&R team is responsible for all of Universal Music's catalogue music output, from archive streaming campaigns to 4K YouTube videos to vinyl box sets. The team provide creative output, relationship management and product development that supports a best in class release schedule and content plan.
This role will be integral to support the label team in monitoring and managing efficiencies and communication across all of these areas, and will include assistance in the product creation process, research and administrative support.
Skills & Experience
• Work closely with UMC A&R team to deliver optimised release information and content requirements for UMC Commercial, Marketing, Audience Development and Finance teams
• Define and drive workflow between UMC A&R and UK legal, licensing, metadata, production and supply chain teams to maintain best-in-class practice
• Schedule and coordinate key department meetings that are fundamental to the sharing of information between the UMC A&R team and other departments
• Work with Head Of Repertoire Development to implement and manage Artist Audit process
• Create and manage workflows that ensure creative vision and artistic integrity remain intact throughout the asset development and marketing process
• Coordinate and communicate production and supply chain requirements to UMC stakeholders
• Assist Senior Label Operations Manager to embed new label copy and assets gathering protocols with the A&R team, including for lyrics and creative metadata
• Assist with embedding UGC claims workflow into optimised strategy for archive monetisation
• Monitor label QC measures, to ensure best practice benchmarks are consistent throughout all release output
• Label ambassador for requirements of new and emerging release formats, working with supply chain teams and A&R to implement new processes
• Co-manage scheduling of international releases for UK release
• Interest in and understanding of catalogue music
• Ability to prioritise and manage workload
• Adaptable and able to use initiative
• Ability to communicate and liaise with all levels and departments within the business
• Highly organised with proven administrative skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Great attention to detail
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj28bb-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.