JOB OPPORTUNITY – Manager, Human Resources
Closing Date: February 2 2 , 20 2 1
The UMC team is currently working remotely due to Covid-19 and will be returning to a physical office when provincial guidelines and safety recommendations permit. You must be comfortable working in a virtual/remote environment.
Universal Music Canada is Canada's leading music company, engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content. Home to the most comprehensive catalogue of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMC is committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship in broadening opportunities for our artists on both the domestic and world stages as well as creating new experiences for fans.
Universal Music Canada is part of Universal Music Group, the world leader in music-based entertainment.
W e are searching for passionate people to join our team. If you love m usic and got excited just thinking about joining this amazing organization, we would love to meet you!
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources , the Manager, Human Resources is a vital member of the team and partners with the Universal Music Canada tea m , to positively contribut e to a work environment where people thrive, is inclusive and fosters a culture of belonging. All while maintaining high quality HR standards in the delivery of services . This opportunity is a challenging and varied generalist role, suitable for a career minded individual with a drive for excellence and success.
• S upport our Equity, Diversity & Inclusion strategy
• C ontribute to a culture that creates high engagement and a positive employee experience
• Manage the full cycle recruitment process including posting opportunities, screening, interviews and reference checks
• Support the employee onboardin g and offboarding process, including conducting Exit Interviews
• Administration of Benefits Plans and educating employees on
our amazing employee benefit plan s
• Champion of well being initiatives and programs
• Oversee learning and development programs and recommendations for employee development and supporting the logistics of webinars and other company learning opportunities
• Handle day to day employee relations issues , questions and life events
• Support the roll out of various HR & Company programs/initiatives (i.e., engagement survey)
• Lead the implementation of Workday in Canada in partnership with the G lobal People Operations Team
• Ma nage internal employee portal and department branding and communications
• Manage the department administration, processes and employee files and contribute to
• Lead the Joint Health & Safety Committee
• Be an active member of UMC's Social Committee by planning and organizing company social functions including weekly Social Hours
• Remain up to date on all relevant industry related legislation, best practices and trends
• Coordinate with Office Service Manager and IT to ensure all new (and current) employees have the tools and resources they need to excel
• Assist with payroll and act as a back-up as necessary
• Research, data analysis and implementation of programs, reports and a variety of projects as assigned
• Duties and responsibilities may be amended from time to time in order to support efficient company operations
• Degree in Human Resources or an equivalent college diploma/certificate
• CHRP and JHSC certification is a plus
• 5+ years of progressive HR experience
• Passion and e xperience cultivating a culture that is aligned with excellence in service delivery
• Entrepreneurial by nature, you excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills are a given
• Knowledge of E mployment S tandards , Human Rights legislation and OH&S Act.
• Experience with change management and process improvement
• Experience with People@Work , Pay@Work , Workday, Visio, and applicant tracking system s ( JobVite )
• Professional demeanor in dealing with confidential and highly sensitive information
• Excellent organization, planning and priority setting skills, with a strong ability to multi-task and effectively manage multiple tasks and projects
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication and diplomacy s kills
• Experience maintaining engagement & culture with a remote team
• Loves to collaborate with a team and knows how to have fun while listening to great music
Please apply before February 2 2, 2021
Universal Music Canada is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion, and strongly welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous Peoples, black people, people of colour , women, persons with disabilities, people who are LGBTQ2S+, and people from other diverse communities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.