Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) is the leading global music publisher with more than 57 offices in 47 countries. UMPG has some of the most important contemporary songwriters and artists on its global roster. UMPG is also the leading production music group in the world with a diverse and comprehensive portfolio of UPPM-owned repertoire. UPPM is the preeminent supplier of high-level production music throughout the world and serves the burgeoning business that creates, produces, and licenses music for use in film/TV, advertising, broadcast and corporate clients.
UMPG is looking for a motivated person to work as part of the Global Data Services team. This position is responsible for the accurate entry and maintenance of copyright and royalty data into UMPG's core publishing system. In addition, this position will include researching, reviewing and checking data for accuracy and rectifying any anomalies.
This position reports to the Data Services Manager. The Global Data Services Coordinator will work on a variety of tasks across differing projects for Global Administration and our global affiliates.
How you'll CREATE:
• Accurate and timely entry of copyright and royalty data in UMPG's administration systems in accordance with global standards
• Load, process, and reconcile electronic royalty distribution statements in accordance with controls
• Research and load song related information such as interested parties, song & recording detail
• Maintain interested parties, songs and other copyright information
• Interpretation and standardization of external reports for ingestion into UMPG systems
• Reporting on information from UMPG systems for management or affiliates
• Use research tools, database extraction, and data management techniques to develop answers and perform calculations as required
• Provide internal support to the Global Administration team including research and resolution of tickets on the Jira ticket management system
• Ad hoc projects and responsibilities as required in response to changing business requirements
Bring your VIBE:
• Comfortable numerically, with knowledge of or ability to work with numerical data
• Proficient in Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel, with the ability to learn customized systems and data management. Advanced Excel would be an advantage
• A collaborative team member able to work with the team Manager, Coordinator, and colleagues
• Responds appropriately to direction regarding deadlines, deliverables, key performance indicators, and service levels
• Ability to learn quickly and work proactively, taking responsibility for project deadlines
• Works towards team/department/company objectives and takes pride in meeting targets and satisfying internal and external customers
• Experience in the music publishing industry is helpful but not required, a willingness to learn the detail of the business and its processes is important
• Overtime as required
• Minimum 1-2 years relatable work experience
• Bachelor's Degree Preferred
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.