Copyright & Royalty Executive
Universal Music Group
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world
Role Summary :
Work closely wi th Head of Departments and members of various departments.
Oversee all plan, forecast , reporting and analysis matters for M alaysia , Singapore and Indochina.
About this role :
• Prepare monthly financial reports and explain variances against plan, forecast and prior year.
• Prepare monthly/quarterly/yearly business review reports .
• Prepare p lan and forecast , work with other departments to build and review assumptions.
• Prepare Artist P&L and repertoire P&Ls.
• Work closely with Marketing and A&R team to ensure that the team are effectively controlling/managing their expenses against forecast/plan.
• Review and analyze Artist signing and NB deal P&Ls to ensure that assumptions are reasonable.
• Prepare monthly royalty reconciliations and regional//global reports.
• Effectively utilize excel and powerpoint functions and information from various data platforms within the Universal network to reduce time spent to prepare routine reports.
• Work closely with the shared service center to drive consistent work deliverables at the highest quality.
• Support the Direct Supervisor on ad-hoc projects .
• Qualification: Degree in Accounting, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
• Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience . Prior FP&A experience is a must. Accounting/Full set of accounts experience is a plus but not mandatory.
• Skills requirement:
• Ability to communicate and work well with others
• Strong excel and system skills; prior experience with HFM is an added advantage but not mandatory.
• Someone with an inquisitive mind set and is proactive
• Attention to details
• Good organization skills
• Fast learner
• Language: Good command of English, BM.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.