Full Time Job
Digital Strategy Executive
Universal Music Group
- Full Time
Job DescriptionRole Summary
We are currently seeking a bright and Digital Strategy Executive to join our Commercial and Digital Strategy Team. The person will be joining a team of high-performers that is working to promote the digital evolution of UMG through innovation, engagement and analysis.
This person will be expected to challenge the status quo, re-imagine business processes wearing a digital lens and recommend digital opportunities for implementation. They will also be expected to drive open and transparent communication within the group and externally across UMG and its record labels. The ideal candidate must have a passion for music and an entrepreneurial spirit; they must be process- and detail-oriented and intellectually curious; and they must thrive in a high-demand, performance-driven environment.
For designated labels the assumption of the lead and responsible position in the development and execution of artist/project plans across the key operational areas of digital, marketing, promotions, D2C, merchandise, A&R and business development. Monitor the delivery of all operational activities and ensure they are in accord with the stated plan and objectives within the required timeframes.
About the role
To see the project cycle through from start to finish, including:
• Develop and execute digital revenue strategic plans to deliver budgeted revenue, growth and profitability across download and streaming subscription platforms through understanding and leveraging partner landscape, objectives and capabilities.
• Drive innovative content and release campaigns by integrating digital marketing best practice , social strategy optimisation and leveraging individual partner strengths.
• Build business cases leveraging internal data, secondary research and advanced quantitative and qualitative modelling
• Gather and synthesize information on incoming new digital business opportunities via partner materials, research and external meetings
• Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and business partners.
• Create and present research and analysis such that it is easily digestible and ultimately transformed into a strategic narrative for both internal and external review
• Monitor local and overseas charts, trends, cycles and incorporate into artist/project strategies in a best practice manner
• Maintain regular contact with Directors on all projects / initiatives
• Strategic plans and reviews with action plans, resolving problems, implementation of productions, productivity and goal targets to meet campaign & operational objectives.
• Understand the behavior of the market and action plans through the power of data. In-depth knowledge of analytics, reports, social tools. Provides information through collection of campaigns, trends and research.
• Work with key stakeholders – A&R, Labels, Management, Digital, Promotions, Business Development and D2C to achieve marketing and financial objectives
• Creative thinking and ability to seek innovative solutions to complex technical and business problems
• LOVE MUSIC!
• Bachelor degree in relevant studies
• Understanding of music business practices, trading terms and conditions
• Strong knowledge of artists and labels signed to Universal
• Strong understanding of the music business, the market and our position therein
• Commercial understanding of UMA and the functionality of all its divisions specifically in relation to their marketing requirements.
• Excellent understanding of marketing and consumer behaviour
• Excellent understanding of social networking, new technologies and sales opportunities.
• Positive engagement with all internal and external stakeholders
• Conduct annual performance reviews for accountable employees
• Regularly review reports progress and advise, develop accordingly
• Excellent communication, time management & diplomacy skills
Interested? Please follow the link to submit your application today!
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4jb8y-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Universal Music Group
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.