Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) is the leading global music publisher with more than 57 offices in 47 countries. UMPG has some of the most important contemporary songwriters and artists on its global roster. UMPG is also the leading production music group in the world with a diverse and comprehensive portfolio of UPPM-owned repertoire. UPPM is the preeminent supplier of high-level production music throughout the world and serves the burgeoning business that creates, produces, and licenses music for use in film/TV, advertising, broadcast, and corporate clients.
We are seeking a bilingual /English coordinator for creative administration in our Miami office. The ideal candidate will have experience in song administration via either music publishing, performing rights, or related field and will be familiar with copyright terms and key organizations. The candidate needs to manage projects and deadlines while exerting great judgment with discretion and confidentiality.
This exciting role serves as a liaison between our A&R staff, artists, songwriters, producers, their managers and attorneys, and our various departments that facilitate administrative functions, such as Copyright, Digital, Film & TV, Licensing, Royalties, Business Affairs, and Finance. The candidate will be someone who can take on more responsibilities as they get established in the role. This will be a great opportunity for someone who can manage the day-to-day workload and will also be motivated to identify ways to contribute to the department.
How you'll CREATE:
• Working with A&R staff and songwriters to gather writer/publisher information and song splits for all new songs and performing data entry to register them within our song delivery system.
• Onboarding new clients and helping them navigate our royalty portal, UMPG Window.
• Resolving counterclaims and overclaims for UMPG's Latin catalog.
• Maintaining and updating song delivery lists for writers' catalogs and review songwriter contracts for fulfillment and discrepancies.
• Processing paperwork for newly-signed songwriters: check Schedule As for accuracy and deliver to our copyright and legal department for processing.
• Liaising with North American, Global, Digital, and Income Tracking teams regarding song registrations and royalty payments.
• Maintaining roster of songwriter contact information.
• Answering internal and external inquiries in general.
• Assisting in the creation of song and internal system reports.
• Assisting the marketing department as needed: help compose press releases and/or website articles, research award nominees/winners, proofreading. Assist in updating website and in social media as needed, including obtaining/facilitating photos and marketing materials for social media channels.
• Additional office support duties as needed.
Bring your VIBE
• Bilingual: fluent in English and with excellent translation skills.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite, basic knowledge of Photoshop, Canva or similar software a plus. Strong Internet research capabilities.
• Impeccable oral and written communication skills. Analytical problem solver in a fast-paced environment, math aptitude, some negotiation skills.
• Customer service-oriented: polite and courteous manner, strong interpersonal skills for interacting with stakeholders at all levels, both internally in UMPG and externally with our clients, management, and the music marketplace in general.
• Cooperative attitude and team-oriented.
• Organized and calm under pressure, strong project management skills, able to juggle and prioritize multiple projects to short turnaround times.
• Ability to learn quickly, maintain focus, and be a resourceful self-starter.
• Detail-oriented thinks outside the box, proactive in determining and resolving roadblocks.
• Takes responsibility and ownership of tasks exhibiting excellent follow-through.
• A love and deep understanding of music and the varied culture that surrounds it.
• Minimum 2 years of experience within a music-related company, music publishing or performing rights experiences preferred.
• Bacherlor's degree required.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzk67n-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.