Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) is the leading global music publisher with more than 57 offices in 47 countries. UMPG has some of the most important contemporary songwriters and artists on its global roster. UMPG is also the leading production music group in the world with a diverse and comprehensive portfolio of UPPM-owned repertoire. UPPM is the preeminent supplier of high-level production music throughout the world and serves the burgeoning business that creates, produces, and licenses music for use in film/TV, advertising, broadcast, and corporate clients.
Universal Music Publishing Group is looking for a coordinator to join the Catalog Marketing & Strategy team. The role will be responsible for the tagging of recordings which power the sync team's pitching activities. The UMPG catalog is large, deep, and varied so bringing an understanding of popular music history to the role is an advantage. Participation in the development of marketing initiatives and strategy will be encouraged.
How you'll CREATE:
• Tag recordings in the UMPG SONGS library with both objective and subjective criteria
• Assist in the development of catalog marketing ideas and initiatives
• Catalog marketing research projects
• Actively participate in team meetings, discussions, and planning activities
• Organize and maintain mailing lists in MailChimp
• Other duties as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
• Love and passion for music
• Catalog music knowledge across genres would be an asset
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both verbal and written
• Meticulous attention to detail and follow-through
• Extremely organized with superior time management skills
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment
• Self-starter who is marketing-minded, proactive, and task-oriented
• Research skills an advantage
• Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Google Docs, MailChimp, and Photoshop
• Basic graphic design skills a plus
• Prefer 4-year college degree in marketing, music business, or equivalent work history
• 1-2+ years of relevant internship or full-time work experience, preferably in music and entertainment
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk3y9p-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.