Universal Music Group
Woodland Hills, CA
Associate Director, Audits (JV and P&D)
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world's leading music company. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. Our vast catalogue of recordings and songs stretches back over a century and comprises the largest, most diverse, and culturally rich collection of music ever assembled. Knowing that music, a powerful force for good in the world, is unique in its ability to inspire people and bring them together, we work with our artist and employees to serve our communities. We are the home for music's greatest artists, innovators, and entrepreneurs.
UMG is currently seeking to fill the role of a Royalty Audit Associate Director to handle Profit Split (P/S)/Joint Venture (JV) and Pressing-and-Distribution deal (P&D) audits in our Audit group. In this role, you will be responsible for in-house audit fieldwork, researching and responding to claims, as well as settling audit claims.
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a dedicated work ethic and a sharp mind, interested in a role that requires problem-solving skills and outside-the-box thinking on occasion. This position affords the right candidate exposure to all aspects of music audits and key players in the business space.
How you'll CREATE:
• Responsible for audit fieldwork requests from outside auditors (typically fulfilling a list of analyses requested, to support line items on PS/P&D statements)
• Analyze audit reports to confirm auditor's calculations
• Review Profit Slips/JV/P&D agreements, statements, reports and other pertinent documents to determine validity of claims
• Draft written responses to audit claims
• Reconcile and analyze reports
• Participate in negotiating audit settlements
• Coordinate with Business Affairs, Litigation, Finance, and Royalty departments to research claims
• Preparation of ad hoc financial schedules and analyses in response to audits and claim letters, at the direction of UMG management, in cases where an alternative approach is required to prove UMG's position relative to a claim
Bring your VIBE:
• Bachelor's Degree in accounting; CPA is a plus
• 4-7 years or more of broad general ledger accounting or corporate reporting experience, or experience with profit split reporting
• Experience with SAP and JD Edwards or similar mainframe General Ledger application such as Lawson; SAP experience strongly preferred. Experience with Business Warehouse a plus
• Strong Excel & Word skills
• Strong analytical problem-solving skills and attention to detail
• Music or Entertainment industry experience (and familiarity with industry concepts & terminology) is a plus, as is experience with royalty accounting
• Ability to read and understand contracts, and interpret provisions into accounting implications
• Possess strong oral and written communication skills
• Able to handle multiple assignments, meet deadlines and think analytically and in terms of 'big picture' and 'outside the box' concepts
• Authorized to work in the US
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm1xqx-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.