Digital Media Manager
Universal Music Group
JOB OPPORTUNITY – ASSOCIATE DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
Closing Date: November 1 8 , 20 20
The UMC team is currently working from home due to the global pandemic and plans on going back into the office in 2021. You must be comfortable working in a virtual/remote environment.
Universal Music Canada is Canada's leading music company, engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content. Home to the most comprehensive catalogue of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMC is committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship in broadening opportunities for our artists on both the domestic and world stages as well as creating new experiences for fans.
Universal Music Canada is part of Universal Music Group, the world leader in music-based entertainment.
W e are searching for creative, innovative and passionate people to join our team. If you love m usic and got excited just thinking about joining this amazing organization, we would love to meet you!
Reporting to the Senior Director, Digital Marketing , this role will manage a roster of UMC's artists and work alongside of the marketing manager in the creation and execution of digital marketing and promotional plans while managing a select roster of digital accounts with a specialized focus on influencer marketing. Prime candidates have knowledge and experience working with all digital technologies and platforms, can effectively communicate with artists, artist management teams, internal teams & executives at UMC, digital partners, and are comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, team environment.
• Manage the development and execution of digital marketing plans for artist releases
• Maintain strong relationships with artist management and artists, serving as a resource for best practices and implementing digital marketing strategies
• Develop relationships with new marketing avenues to create partnerships and opportunities
• Work cross-departmentally to coordinate online initiatives and promotions for your artists
• Manage label partner relationships with accounts to maximize artists reach
• Oversee and manage influencers as well as influencer strategies to increase artist reach
• Drive social media growth for all artists through increased engagement, activity, and relevant content posts
• Develop targeted strategies for artists' video channels with the video strategy manager
• Build and manage an artist's owned audience by increasing data capture across all mediums
• Actively participate in team meetings, discussions, and planning activities
• Assist in analyzing
online promotions and campaign sales impacts, consumer trends, etc.
• Develop influencer campaigns for UMG's artists, from inception through post-launch/sustain, that integrate with the broader artist vision and goals
• Negotiate with influencer teams, ensuring that campaign goals are met while staying within budget
• Work closely and collaboratively with artist managers and internal departments to champion content-first ideas, develop influencer campaigns, and execute integrated global activations
• Set goals and performance metrics for influencer campaigns, partnering with our Analytics team to derive insights about our artists and implement best practices
• Work closely with the Digital Marketing team to understand the opportunities and potential challenges with each platform (i.e. Tik Tok, Instagram, YouTube, Triller etc.)
• Oversee creative ideation and development to deliver innovative, best-in-class influencer campaigns
• Execute campaigns at scale, with multiple creator and content accounts posting simultaneously
• Monitor campaigns regularly to understand effectiveness of strategy, making recommendations for continuous improvement
• Spearhead influencer programs that identify, recruit, and foster strong relationships with a wide network of influencers, talent, community leaders, and content creators
• Report weekly to senior staff and managers, providing actionable insights and campaign updates
• Continuously ideate and innovate within the influencer space
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong coordination and organizational skills
• Deep knowledge of the analytics available on all social platforms and the ability to pull actionable insights out of the data
• Aptitude for communicating and engaging on various platforms
• Experience and desire to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment and ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Highly adaptive to change
• Consistently meet deadlines
• Creative, self-starter with exceptional follow-up skills
• Passion for music, emerging media, and innovation
• Content editing a plus (image, video, content – Photoshop, Final Cut)
• Ability to learn new software and analytics programs as necessary
• Proactive approach to work, constantly seeking improvement in all areas
Please apply before November 1 8 , 20 20
Universal Music Canada is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion, and strongly welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous Peoples, people of colour , women, persons with disabilities, people who are LGBTQ2S+, and people from other diverse communities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.