We are Universal Music Australia (UMA), Part of The Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Are you looking for a Finance/Accounting opportunity in an industry you are passionate about? We are on the hire for an Assistant Accountant to join the Universal family and support the finance accounting function. The successful candidate will relish the opportunity to work in a fun, high performing environment with development opportunities on offer.
About the role:
P rimarily manage the Accounts Payable function , and support the Finance team, including sundry invoicing, journal processing, reconciliations, external reporting and analysis.
• Manage Accounts Payable function in conjunction with outsourced AP team.
• Preparation of sundry invoices, including liaising with outsourced AR team
• Prepare various adhoc month-end journals and accruals
• Manage trust account transactions, including reconciliations and timely payments.
• Prepare and collate balance sheet reconciliations ensuring adequate follow up and resolution of outstanding items with manager
• Assist with preparation of monthly accounting cycle
• Minimum two years commercial experience in high volume processing environment
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) as well as the ability to present ideas and problem solving effectively to varying groups of people.
• You're a 'Numbers Person' and keen to work in a Business/Finance/Accounting position.
• Impeccable eye for detail, excellent problem solving and organisation skills.
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and enjoys learning new systems.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to build rapport with a variety of co-workers.
We are passionate people with smart ideas and work with some of the most successful, innovative, timeless and respected artists of all time, continuing to grow their audiences and keep the world listening.
If you love this space, think you have what it takes, come help make a difference, we would like to hear from you.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r713op-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.